Last album that rocked your socks off?

I-Quality

New Metal Member
May 24, 2006
I've been away for some time here, and I'm in need of new things to hear ;o)
There was a thread like this a year ago. I think it's time for a new one :headbang: (or did I miss one?)

So for me the last album that has really rocked my world was

Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth

Even if it's been a while since I discovered it (early this year), it still stands for one of the best albums I've ever encountered. Especially if we only consider this year. And I can't wait their next album due out early next year. There is a song on their myspace, but I feel it will never be the same now =P

Of course there has been a few albums since then that I really digged, and bands that just kick ass, but anyway....

ok let's throw a few others just for fun (I guess I like it extreme ;o)

Behemoth - The Apostasy
Mumakil - Customised Warfare (though live performance is what is the best ;)
Ingrowing - Cloned & Enforced

Ok your turn :kickass:

I can't stop listening to Insomnium's "Above the Weeping World" - the opening three tracks are just so moving and powerful - I love the force and emotion from the opener (The Gale), and "Mortal Share" and "Drawn to Black" (the latter esp.) just keep it going. The rest of the album is great too, but those three, "The Killjoy," and "In the Groves of Death" are the highlights. Also, if we're not talking extremely recently, I only recently gave Blind Guardian's "A Twist in the Myth" a listen, and I love it as well ("Fly," "Another Stranger Me," and especially "Lionheart" are my favorites). Just off the top o' my head!

I seem to not be able to get enough of The Apsotasy. It's fuckin splendid.
Also this album isn't new or anything, but Far Beyond the Great Southern vulgar hits or whatever the fuck it's called has seen some SERIOUS action as well.

I find the first two Gojira albums more impressive than From Mars To Sirius....I don't know, they seem more death metal, and the songs are faster. I'm always a sucker for that. But FMTS is fucking amazing too. SUCH a good band.

I find the first two Gojira albums more impressive than From Mars To Sirius....I don't know, they seem more death metal, and the songs are faster. I'm always a sucker for that. But FMTS is fucking amazing too. SUCH a good band.

They stood out like a blind-folded donkey running circles while on fire and screaming the ABC's compared to every other band I heard on headbanger's ball that night. It was like that first breath of fresh air after being underwater for JUST a few seconds too long.

I can't stop listening to Insomnium's "Above the Weeping World" - the opening three tracks are just so moving and powerful - I love the force and emotion from the opener (The Gale), and "Mortal Share" and "Drawn to Black" (the latter esp.) just keep it going. The rest of the album is great too, but those three, "The Killjoy," and "In the Groves of Death" are the highlights.

Totally agree. Fucking awesome band!!! Ha the pleasure of doing front of house for em before and theyre even better live!!

New Rotten Sound - Cycles
our own Keessi's Afgrund - Svarta Dagar (www.myspace.com/avgrund)
and a relative oldie (2004): Enslaved - Isa (except for the drum sound which is a bit plasticy at times, the compositions are perfectly balanced. Bands out there take notes!)