Last Ditch Effort

Rune Fairy

Mistress of Dragons
Here goes some shameless self promotion...and I'll leave it at that.

My partner and I have a magazine. What kind of magazine? Well it's extreme metal. (None of that shit power metal or so-called nu-metal...no hardcore shit either) <----- N.B. this is MY opinion that it's shit...this is not to offend.

Black Metal, Pagan Metal, Death Metal, Viking Metal and that type of stuff..that's what we like, therefore that's what you'll find in the mag.

You can find some more info at Shrine of Echoes

A new site is also being mounted at New Site Under Construction (but keep in mind that it is STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. :D

So if this type of music is of interest to you, please check out the site. And before anyone asks...we have absolutely NO intention in making a webzine, cos we don't like 'em.

Also if anyone has any tips on how to better promote or increase sales...TELL ME PLEASE!!!

Thank you.:lol:

My younger brother does a Viking/Black/Epic/Doom/Folk metal magazine locally. To promote their zine they made a 'zero' issue and handed it out at local shows with an insert telling people who may be interested where to find future issues. Worked pretty well for them....

Cool stuff, even tho I doubt I can get that zine over here in Europe, hu? :/

Why not, if you order it we'll send it to you.:)

(Notice we give specific prices for Canada/USA/Foreign).

So basically if you live somewhere on planet earth, you can most certainly get a copy of the mag. :)

@RuneFairy Was that thread to know who likes power metal or not? :rolleyes: yeah I didn't think so.... Anyhow I think to concerts would be a good way to promote the magazine.

Hey guess what?? I like Radiohead...but that's not relevant. And neither is posting whether or not you like Power Metal... Why? Well first of all I could care less. Secondly, it's not the point of this thread. This thread is a ME thread...I'm trying to promote something, not get opinions on what types of music you all like.

Bad day.

Uh-huh.
Not worse than mine.

Despite the fact that I feel shitted on, I'll try and think out some advice...
As someone said, promote it on concerts. Wacken, for instance?
Get people who's going to do promotions for you, hand it out for free, then include (somewhere they're _bound_ to read) a note with details on getting more of it.
You could also write a long article, split it in half, and let the first half be in said free magazines... then, if theyre interrested, people will get the 2nd mag too.
Could also try overlapping half articles, so every mag would contain part 1 of one article, interview whatever, as well as part 2 of another.

But whatever the hell you do, quality is king. Keep it quality, or you're allready futtbucked.

Thanks for the words of advice Vanir.
:)

I wish we could go to Wacken...but it's just a little too far. (With it being in Germany...and us being in Canada). :lol:

Ah well c'est la vie I suppose. I guess it's shitty because we put quite a bit of $$$ into the first issue. (That's why we didn't want to just give it away)...but it seems like we have little choice now.

And I do agree that quality is king. And for the people who have already bought the mag, they'll know that we won't print anything but! :)

None of that juvinile 'fuck this' 'fuck that' garbage...but very professional writing. Anybody can make a mag, but very few are worth reading. Ours belongs to the latter I believe. :)

So Vanir, thanks again.

Originally posted by Vanir
Uh-huh.
Not worse than mine.

Despite the fact that I feel shitted on, I'll try and think out some advice...
As someone said, promote it on concerts. Wacken, for instance?
Get people who's going to do promotions for you, hand it out for free, then include (somewhere they're _bound_ to read) a note with details on getting more of it.
You could also write a long article, split it in half, and let the first half be in said free magazines... then, if theyre interrested, people will get the 2nd mag too.
Could also try overlapping half articles, so every mag would contain part 1 of one article, interview whatever, as well as part 2 of another.

But whatever the hell you do, quality is king. Keep it quality, or you're allready futtbucked.

Those are some cool ideas. But I must admit that I'd
get extemly pissed with an interview being split in
two :eek:P hehe...

I dig those small flyers that are around, and I love it
when people spread out small-small notes with just
an internet addie on it. You have no clue what it is,
but you HAVE TO check! :eek:) You could do that. It's
cheap as the notes don't need lots of paper etc.

Just spread it at every gig you go to :eek:)

As for powermetal; I like some! >:eek:) I'm open to
pretty much anything as long as it makes me feel
good :eek:) @Phyros: Lost Horizon *headbangs* >:eek:P