Last night's show in Holland.

IbaneZ RuleZ said:
hey, I was not aware of the fact you posted here. As a matter of fact, I signed up this afternoon, so it is more or less "luck". Anyway, how do they sound (the CD's I mean)? I especially love V.

Harrald

They're all awesome! Twice worth the money! I must admit I already had burned copies (but I was planning to buy them all the time ofcourse, and now I bought them all, so it's not a problem is it?). V is awesome indeed :)

This has been my third Symphony X concert now, and.....they rocked......again!!! But the show was too fuckin' short. Who is the moron who decided that Stratovarius had to be the main act. Every song of them sounds the same ( I'm still not sure if they were playing one very long song.....or a lot of crappy shit).SX promised to be back in Holland in the fall. I expect them to play a full set then.....they better!!!!
Greetz
Tim

I did not heared that. I hope they will. I have seen several progmetal acts (Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Vanden Plas and Sun Caged) and SyX smoked em all, including Dream Theater!!!! (maybe due to the crappy singer James LaBrie is, compared to Russell)

Harrald

Yeah, the show was really great!! We were a bit late so we had to watch the show from the back. The band was really amazing, like others stated here before. Sir Russel Allen was in great shape, as was Michael Romeo with those insane arpeggio's played hammer-on. He's the best!! After the show, while Stratovarius was playing, I saw Sir Russel just outside the vip-area and had the oppertunity to shake his hand and tell him that I liked the performance very much. He was really nice, cool guy, really down to earth. I can't wait for them to come back to Holland with a headline performance. I hope they come to Amsterdam next time: Paradiso or the Melkweg! Would be great!

Maybe they can take Stratovarius with them as a support act. :)

karelrulez said:
OK this is sort of a review.
This is my first time to Symphony X.
The first band on the stage was Thunderstone, didn't know 'em, I thought they were cheesy powermetal, but they played it decent enough. Then Symphony X. I thought YES now we're gonna get it.. but the sound was SO horrible (WHO's behind the soundboard?) that I couldn't hear MJR's solo's and Pinella's. Also I could barely hear Russel. The thing I DID hear was that they were just fuckin' awesome, especially Russel, his singing was, just like others say, out of this world. The setlist was something like this:

Inferno
Wicked
Accolade II
Evolution
Communiun and the Oracle (this one was really amazing)
Smoke and Mirrors
Of Sins and Shadows.

I can't wait for SyX to be headlining, 'cause this set was WAY to short.
After that, Stratovarius came on stage, I don't really have something to say about them, I only think they are the cheesiest band you can imagine, BUT damn they play their music well. Also the show with the pyrotechnics and stuff was cool. And the strange thing was, that Stratovarius' sound was very good. Does Stratovarius have better equipment than Symphony X or something?

First of all I can't believe symphonyx actually showed up. It sucks to hear their sound was shitty but if Dream Theater was there then you would have really been blown away. Can't touch Petrucci.

Post #15 by Sherval
Michael Romeo is better and faster than Yngwie, come on peeps, let's all repeat after me, Michael Romeo is better and faster than Yngwie!!!

Michael Romeo is better and faster than Yngwie!!!

Yngwie is not THAT good. He has been doing the same thing for about 20 years, so he needs to retire, or come up with something new. I Hope Romeo will evolve a little more, because I am not really noticing a big difference between the devine wings and the odyssey. They all rock, but, well, I don't want em to become some cliche like Yngwie is.

anyway, Romeo outshreds Yngwie by far, but Yngwie's achievement was, the at the time when he showed up, that he made shredding big.

Harrald

It would be very appriciated if anyone who had a photo session during any of the Symphony X gigs would share some of his/her stuff.
I've given up on trying to get good pictures from concerts. It always turns out crap and you still have to pay a bunch (making each concert twice expensive). Maybe someone else is more experienced photographer.

I'll be putting some pics that I took at Tilburg, Antwerp and from tonight in Koln on my site in a few days or so. The lighting for Symphony X and Thunderstone, was truly abysmal, probably the worst I have seen for a support band. So consequently my pics aren't up to the standard that I set myself. But I will share them with you. I'll put a post on here when they are up!

Karel, could it be you was the guy who was sitting in front of the venue quite early, with your dad and sis and some woman who was even earlier?

I think Stratovarius played great too, though waaaaaay to long. And if they had SyX's sound and without all the effects and stuff they wouldn't have been so good I guess. The drummer did some great tricks though :)

FLechdrop said:
Karel, could it be you was the guy who was sitting in front of the venue quite early, with your dad and sis and some woman who was even earlier?

I think Stratovarius played great too, though waaaaaay to long. And if they had SyX's sound and without all the effects and stuff they wouldn't have been so good I guess. The drummer did some great tricks though :)

Nope.. I don't think it was me..! I was only with my dad, we were about the only 2 persons in the venue who where not wearing a band-shirt :D. Strange, when I saw anyone wearing a SyX t-shirt, I almost got the need to shake his hand and say that he rules or something :p.