Later..W/ Jools Holland control room?

VincentVegas

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2006
Don't know how many of you cats have caught this show. It's on the Rave HD channel bundled in Voom HD. What is interesting beyond the fact that it is in HD and 5.1 is that he has multiple bands on within the hour show. Everytime I watch it I can help but wonder what the control room logistics are like considering each band has their own set up, monitor mixes etc. From an engineer standpoint the organization has to be beyond impressive. Did a few searches on-line and couldn't come up with any pixs or info at all from a backstage standpoint. So thought I would try here hoping one of you cats have some input.

Thanks in Advance

If they have 2 digital desks, it shouldn't be too hard. When band 1 is done, unplug the multicable , plug in the next band. Load next "page" (scene, setup, program) on desk 1. Meanwhile desk 2 is operational with band 2. Then from the two desks, you run the master to the broadcasting desk and Voilá!

Or something like that.

If they have 2 digital desks, it shouldn't be too hard. When band 1 is done, unplug the multicable , plug in the next band. Load next "page" (scene, setup, program) on desk 1. Meanwhile desk 2 is operational with band 2. Then from the two desks, you run the master to the broadcasting desk and Voilá!

Or something like that.

The switch is seamless, no commercials whatsoever. One band right to the next. I am mean obviously it's not impossible by any means. I just have to believe the quantity of gear is without a doubt very slutty, excatly why I would love to see a list or even some pixs!

Digital desk would indeed make it easy, but that show's been around for at least ten years... hell as long as I can remember actually. How long have live digital desks been around? :S

digital desk or not it wouldnt suprise me if its done festival style. Some of the larger festivals have 3 desks at each end and the next ones being line checked while the another ones being used

The show is definitely pre-recorded, even the New Years Eve one...proven a couple of times by people appearing on that show and another (most defintely live show) on a different channel at the same time. Doh!.