Latest Haul

Seventh Son

Zero Salvation
Apr 16, 2001
Sydney, Australia
homepage.mac.com
My latest package from Magna Carta turned up today. In the package was:

Magellan - Hundred Year Flood (featuring Tony Levin, Ian Anderson)

Explorer's Club - Raising The Mammoth (follow up to Age Of Impact. This time it features: Bozzio, John Myung, Marty Friedman, James LaBrie, Steve Walsh, and a few others)

Andy West with Rama - Rama 1 (Album from former Dregs bass player, featuring: Mike Portnoy, Rod Morgenstein, Mike Keneally, and a few more)

Bozzio & Sheehan - Nine Short Films (Orginally slated for release next year, but moved forward)

Jordan Rudess - 4NYC (Jordan's tribute to 9/11)

Hopefully, I'll have reviews done by next week, to coincide with the relaunch of my reviews page. I should also have a review for Planet X - MoonBabies up at the same time.

Nup, nothing in there for me... well, might give Explorers' Club a go if it's much, much better than Age of Impact. Is DC Cooper on it again?

On an inital listen, Spiff I don't think that you'll like it much. Its a good album, but it is more keyboard based, and the mix is rather murky.

Spiff, another bad point - no DC Cooper. Its rather limited on the vocalist front, only Steve Walsh, and LaBrie.

But it does have Marty Friedman!

4NYC is awesome. I got that from JR a while ago. When Magna Carta started to distribute it they changed the cover though by the looks. Put a watermarked image of JR over it yeah?

Feeding the Wheel is another great disc from Jordan.

salty

That's some awesome stuff. I just got it through the deal he had going.

The only things that I've managed to get signed by someone in DT are Feeding The Wheel (Jordan), Liquid Drum Theater (Mike) and FII (Derek), but I have managed o get posters signed by other musos including:
Virgil Donati
Grant Collins (awesome aussie drummer)
Tony MacAlpine
Frank Gambale
Ice Age
Carcass
Slayer
Dave LaRue

For those that are interested I have done reviews for a couple of the cd's listed above.

Magellan - Hundred Year Flood
http://homepage.mac.com/minge/newReviews/hundredYearFlood.html

Bozzio & Sheehan - Nine Short Films
http://homepage.mac.com/minge/newReviews/nineShortFilms.html

Feel free to browse the rest of the site, but take in mind that most of the new reviews seection hasn't been done - only the two mentioned above have been done. The others are coming shortly (by weeks end). The site will get a minor cosmetic upgrade then as well.

Note: The full site address is:
homepage.mac.com/minge