Latest Mix (Metalcore)

Seems like you put a lot of effort into this one man, very nicely produced in my opinion. Well done!

Things are sitting pretty nicely in the mix. Just a bit of guitar editing could help tighten the stop/start parts on some of the guitars, you can hear the left and right guitars finishing at different times etc.

The centred lead guitar at the end could do with a bit more gain to help it to cut through I think. I dont really like the tone that much

But all in all this is very good!

really nice tone, what was your proccess on recording those guitars, eq's, guitar chain and proccessing? sounds really really nice! overall the mix was well balanced, i just would correct some things on the editing like Perissh said

The guitars were just through podfarm using the diamondplate head and the treadplate 4x12 cab with the condenser. Also used the screamer in front of the amp
Cut deep at 4khz, cut some 800hz too and I ended up boosting 3db at 6k I believe.
Limiter on the guitar bus and that's pretty much it

i agree about the guitars sounding slightly out of tune, but seriously podfarm is way better than the free amp sims..

perhaps you could re-work the tone a bit, perhaps the low end of the mix is lacking a bit.

the production is really good, although i'm not a huge fan of the guys singing voice!

thanks,

Here's what we ended up going with for the final mix.
Thanks for all the feedback, and I'm still up for more feedback on the updated final mix :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/767557/Dan Nettekoven Snakes The Win.mp3

Morgan, I don't use the free amp sims because I'm running Mac OSX and as far as I know they aren't compatible with macs.
What do you think about the guitars in the updated mix?

Thanks for the comment Dan.
How's the tone in the new mix?

The vocals sound GREAT! what did you use to record and how did you process the vocals??! for cleans? What do you use to make the vocals have some of that GRIT DIRTYNESS!! :)

Sounding really good man, except I definitely think you need to sort out whatever is happening at 0:47 where the extra guitar harmony track ends. It's super abrupt and you can hear a crunch at the end of it.