Launching a *new* metal guitar, instructional magazine

Would you like to see a guitar instructional magazine that is focused on 100% metal?

• YES! The more metal the better!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • NO! I also want other styles to learn in a guitar magazine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sheer Metal Guitar

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2010
Hey everyone,

I am a Publishing Masters student from the UK, looking to get some feedback from metal guitar enthusiasts about a project I am trying to get going at the moment.

I am attempting to create a pilot for a new monthly magazine that focuses on teaching metal guitar with full song transcriptions, solos, guitarist interviews...something similar to the guitar instructional magazines currently in the market...but dedicated to 100% metal!

I am hoping that you guys who are all passionate enough to post on these boards can help me know for sure exactly what you would want and desire in a magazine such as this.

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments about what you would like to see, and anything you definitely would not want to see in the magazine!

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Adam Wakeling - Sheer Metal Guitar

This project sounds pretty damn cool. :) I'm sure I will come up with more ideas later, but I will at least state the following for you:

- I'd like to see more of an emphasis on the gear used for each player, possibly even each recording. Us gear whores just love knowing exactly what was used by the given artist for some reason, even right down to the strings and pickups used. :p
- Would it be too much of a stretch to find either up and coming musicians or even select musicians around the world who probably won't grace the pages of any of the bigger publications for years to come and feature them? Perhaps the magazine could be a sweet promotional tool for these other guys to get their music out there?

I'm sure I'll come up with more. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and welcome aboard!