metaldethuk

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ipswich
Lazarus Complex - The Cleansing
Self Released - Unknown - Unknown
By Simon Douglass

lazaruscomplex.jpg

The Cleansing is the work of Jerry Wilde under the title of his one man project Lazarus Complex. This release is based on a concept of a man who slowly loses control of his life. The lyrics are the main story teller here and they tell the story perfectly. However don't discount the music, which for a Doom album comes across as being relaxed and rather chilled. Something that you would more likely hear on a Down album than a My Dying Bride one.

The production on the album isn't all that great, and at times because of this it can be a bit challenging to listen to, but still considering the circumstances the underlining talent and song writing still comes through. With a little more money and time behind the project it could become something great.

The Cleansing is still very much in the demo stage, it was produced with the hope of being picked up by a label who could back the project. While this happened as of yet the more exposure that this album gets and with the potential behind it, it can only be a matter of time before a label somewhere picks up the Lazarus Complex.

Official Lazarus Complex Website

I dig the stuff he has on myspace and I definitely see a lot of potential. Someone pick this guy up.