LDS's semi-regular Thine- "In Therapy" worship thread

LORD DARKSOUL

Welcum 2 my funeral
Lord Darksoul believes that this is easily the most underrated album of all time. Not only did the mainstream-rock audience completely ignore this, but "In Therapy" also flew under the radar of those into Katatonia, Anathema etc. despite being released by Peaceville. It seems like everyone missed this album.

I don't get it. This album is chock full of some of the BEST SONGS EVER, every tune is of a ridiculously high caliber. I'd say I've listened to this more in the last 4 years than ANY other album, with the possible exception of Last Fair Deal Gone Down. Infact, I like to consider this LFDGD's slightly less refined, completely self-destructive little brother. Lyrically as bleak of an album as "Alternative 4," singer Alan Gaunt is fighting everyone and everything in the universe... but perhaps no one more than himself. Having been in contact with him somewhat frequently over the last 2 years or so, I know him to be a completely paranoid and unstable man, with perhaps THE best natural singing voice I've ever heard (he sounds like he'd probably be the greatest karaoke singer ever.. totally unprocessed voice loaded with raw emotion). He's really the only person I can think of that could have pulled of this great display of dissafection towards life.

Musically, this is just as morose as Katatonia or Anathema, but most of the songs are very upbeat which I think just adds to the emotional urgency and catchiness of the compositions.

Enough of my talking, go check them out NOW:

http://www.myspace.com/thine1

"Bleaker Audio" is perhaps the greatest suicide song ever.

"In Therapy" is perhaps most indicitive of the rest of the album, and has a chorus that will is impossible to unstick from your brain.

"Never Learn" contains a riff that on gloomy days, I'll often repeat ad nauseam until all tears have been wept from my soul and my will to live has vanished into the grey rain.

i listened to one song from thine on a peaceville sampler and liked it but never followed up on the band. probably should have. it's good that you reminded us about them.

Hmm. I thought they had quit. But theres some new recordings coming up, i see. Interesting...

I read about In Therapy when it came out in some rock/metal mags. It didn't do much for me then, but recently I got into them and really like it.

Am I kvlt or what:

thine_demo.jpg

BTW, I listened to "Bleaker Audio" and it surely made me curious, I'm gonna check this out.

I really like Bleaker Audio. Haven't listened to the rest yet, but thanks for the recommendation.
Oh, and MadTinus: The Wounded are great. In fact, now that you mentioned them, I think I'll go listen to Atlantic again.

By the way Corey, have you heard (of) The Wounded, Thine's vocals sometimes remind me slightly of them, they're certainly very weep-worthy:

www.myspace.com/thewoundednl

Their album "Atlantic" is very great indeed.

Whoa! Thanks for the link there, sir. This is total melancholy overload, I'm diggin it.

You are the king ov kvlt for having that Journeys tape... I am truly jealous.

And yes, "In Therapy" is pretty much the most infectious thing evar... :worship: