Le Cirque du Soleil hires metal singer from band Anemonia

(I hope this is the right place to post)

Le Cirque du Soleil is working on a new show called Zarkana and it will feature the singer of melodic metal band Anemonia; Cassiopée. The show will debut at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on the 9th of June 2011. Le Cirque du Soleil also hired Garou to play the character of Zark. Many vocal acrobatics are to be expected! Here you can listen to what Cassiopée can do :

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! That's some news Philippe. :) Cassiopée for sure is an amazing vocalist and deserves the big opportunity. Her getting to sing in the new Cirque du Soleil show "Zarkana" in NY is a huge compliment for her talents. ( ...aaand, just out of curiosity, I'd like to see TH's face when he'll learn about this news, ;) )

C..., well gee I feel stupid now. Le Cirque du Soleil is an international circus who makes many different shows such as Quidam, Totem, Alegria, etc. And now they are working on a new show called Zarkana. I will copy paste a brief bio of them and then Zarkana.

Cirque du Soleil is a Canadian entertainment company, self-described as a "dramatic mix of circus arts and street entertainment." Its theatrical, character-driven approach and the absence of performing animals helped define Cirque du Soleil as the contemporary circus that it remains today.

Each show is a synthesis of circus styles from around the world, with its own central theme and storyline. They draw the audience into the performance through continuous live music, with performers rather than stagehands changing the props. After financial successes and failures in the late 1980s, Nouvelle Expérience was created – with the direction of Franco Dragone – which not only made Cirque profitable by 1990, but allowed it to create new shows. Cirque expanded rapidly through the 1990s and 2000s, going from one show to 19 shows in over 271 cities on every continent, except Antarctica. (From Wikipedia)

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/~/...o-gallery/show-creation/RCMH_Storyboard_A.jpg

They are putting out a new show now, that soon will be touring!

Zarcana is a fantastically bizarre world where we follow the adventures of Zark, a magician who has lost his love and, with her, his powers. As he cries and begs for her return he is plunged into a world inhabited by surreal creatures. The diverse cast of 71 international artists transports the audience into a fantastical and suspenseful world, blurring the boundaries between the real and imaginary.
The name Zarcana is a fusion of the words “bizarre” and “arcana” (arcana means “mystery” or “secret”). The twisted fictional world of Zarcana is an elusive destination that is fantastic yet bizarre. The name refers to the irresistibly odd and delightfully strange aura of this place and its inhabitants.

Aaaaaand Anemonia is the band I play in. :p Click on my sig and become a fan! :p *sucks at self-promotion*

St Enigma: Well thank you! But I feel stupid again, are you The Enigma on the other forum? :| TH is who? Not... Tutu Hoho?! :p

^ The one and only :Smokedev: ... when I joined this UM board some aions ago, my usual nick was taken already, so I decided to allow myself a raise of social class and turned into a "St" :devil:

I have been a fan of Cirque du Soleil from the day I saw a show on TV sometime in early 90's. Too bad their first ever visit here was only in 2007. After that they've come back maybe once or twice but they only had shows in Helsinki and they sell out fast. Guess I have to keep watching them on DVDs a few more years. Better than nothing, though, their shows are brilliant. :cool:

I saw this show last summer in NYC. Had no clue about the singer, although he was quite good.

Overall, compared to the other Cirque shows I've seen this one used alot of recycled acts from other shows (different performers) and ranks lower on my list.

So far my top three shows are:

Varekai (Touring)
Iris (Kodak Theater Exclusive, Hollwood, CA)
Ka (MGM Grand Exclusive, Las Vegas, NV)

(I hope this is the right place to post)

Le Cirque du Soleil is working on a new show called Zarkana and it will feature the singer of melodic metal band Anemonia; Cassiopée. The show will debut at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on the 9th of June 2011. Le Cirque du Soleil also hired Garou to play the character of Zark. Many vocal acrobatics are to be expected! Here you can listen to what Cassiopée can do :

Seeker, you totally forgot to mention that Anemonia is your band. I know you mentioned that in a later post, but you should have mentioned that in your first post.