Cirque du Soleil hires metal singer from band Anemonia

Self promotion time :loco:

Le Cirque du Soleil is working on a new show called Zarkana which will feature the singer of melodic metal band Anemonia; Cassiopée. The show will debut at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on the 9th of June 2011. Le Cirque du Soleil also hired Garou to play the character of Zark. Many vocal acrobatics are to be expected! Here you can listen to what Cassiopée can do :

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe je sais pas si je devrais écrire en français ou en anglais là. :p Let's go for Anglishe.

Well I am not a big fan of Garou's work either, at all, but I think his voice could fit nicely on metal songs, it's "raucaus" (rauque) and he can hit notes. So maaaaybe if he sang on good songs the result would be interesting? And some Cirque du Soleil songs are pretty nice, not metal at all though, but maybe in this Zarkana show there will be like a huge storm and thunder and METAL GUITARS and DOUBLE BASS DRUMS and ouaaaaaaaargh...

... but I doubt it. :p

MTL FTW! :p

Haha, the culture in Quebec is pretty special and unique. I think everyone around here has a sense of belonging and that leads to pride whenever someone from here "makes it" or whatever. It can get kinda ridiculous sometimes though XD

But yeah, Cirque du Soleil + quebecer metal singer + another quebecer singer = pretty cool.

Cirque du Soleil might not be "metal" but holy shit those guys can play. Being in that tent and having the drum hits just crush through the place is so intense. Last time I went the bassist was fucking amazing, I was checking out the band over some crazy stunts sometimes.