learning metal bass

I am pretty sure most Amon Amarth and In Flames basslines stick, for the most part, to root notes so that should be hella easy (especially Amon Amarth).

I taught myself by playing along to my favorite bands albums. Steve Harris and Cliff Burton are great players to learn from.

To actually start playing just learn bass lines to some of your favorite bands or songs. However, if you want to not only play well but actually understand what your playing you may want to look into books on reading bass music or theory and possibly take lessons if you have the time and money.

And remember, NO PICKS :)

To actually start playing just learn bass lines to some of your favorite bands or songs. However, if you want to not only play well but actually understand what your playing you may want to look into books on reading bass music or theory and possibly take lessons if you have the time and money.

And remember, NO PICKS :)

dont listen to him, theres nothing wrong with using a pick.
but its always nice to learn multiple styles.it all has to do with what you preffer.

dont listen to him, theres nothing wrong with using a pick.
but its always nice to learn multiple styles.it all has to do with what you preffer.
Yes there is something wrong with a pick. :lol:

Your right about learning multiple styles though, once you get familiar with your bass and learn a decent amount of metal songs, you should look into Jazz styles.