LEATHER LEONE, DAVID T. CHASTAIN Working On New Album

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Former CHASTAIN bandmates Leather Leone (vocals) and David T. Chastain (guitar) have been demoing new music since January in an attempt "to see if we have any magic left," the singer tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET. She adds: "And it appears we are conjuring up the spirit one more time. We are currently in the studio to start tracking." They are joined in CHASTAIN's current linup by original bassist Mike Skimmerhorn and the group's latest addition, drummer Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND, FIREWIND).

Says David: "We are trying to write and record music that is expected of us, but with some modern twists and turns.

"We demoed up 20 tracks and it was difficult to leave any of the them off the CD.

"Stian did an amazing job with the drum tracks and his performance is probably the best drumming on any CHASTAIN release to date.

"We have been in no rush as we wanted to make sure everything would live up to our past releases, but at this point we are in the home stretch."

Really fine by me. I have been getting into Chastain lately a lot.

Funny enough, I was listening to his Within The Heat album 2 days ago. Alex Masi is another underrated guitarist.

I would be very interested in hearing what they can come up with.

But what happened to Kate French?

New information.

Tracklist

• Surrender To No One
  • Fear My Wrath
  • I Am Sin
  • Stand and Fight
  • Freedom Within
  • Bleed Through Me
  • Call of the Wild
  • Evil Awaits Us
  • Save Me Tonight
  • Deep Down in the Darkness
  • Rise Up

Artwork

surrender_to_no_one200_zpsd5067131.jpg

On Leviathan records November 19.

If it should turn out as good as one of their first three albums, I might consider buying it.