Leave Louie's drumming skills alone!

I'm totally for the whole reunion - it seems the only way to progress now, for the name testament will always belong to the five members with tatoos on their right arms. These are and always will be the unbeatable formula of thrash....

Another thing is, aswell as being a very accomplished drummer in a leading thrash band...
Louis has provided an influence to one hell of a lot of metal drummers, who have taken his own skills and taken them further (the idea behind nearly every advance in musical technicality since rock and roll started!)
Every drummer who has toured with testament since the ritual, probably learnt the songs because they loved the albums and also as a mark of respect - nevermind as a job. They all respect each other so why can't the fans?

surely that is the way we should be?

Louie was and still is a great drummer....saw them at jaxx and was blown away by the show....as far as him comapring to the "standards of new drummers" , he doesnt have to...he's an old school drummer with alot of skill in what he does....his style fit perfectly for Testament and wouldnt have been the same back then if he wasnt there doing what he does. thanks for all the awesome music you helped create and for the inspiration you gave to so many drummers out there

And thanks for the drumstick

Some folks are taking criticisms REAL personally...

In listening to the old stuff, it really was clear that the band was straining against the limits of his drumming, especially Alex. The drummer makes the band. Look how The Who went downhill after Moon died. Or the difference with Lombardo.

I got nothing against the guy, I never met him. But for whatever the reason, preference or that was all he could do, Louie was basically a 1-2-1-2-1-2 drummer, and it limited the band. However, if he can play The Fall of Sipledome live, then we know the answer.

I was only just born but I agree that hes a great drummer,and deserves more credit as he is one of the bands founders!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!
LEAVE HIM SO THEREPEOPLEALONE!!! :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang: :Spin:
!!!

plouie!.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I listen to the legacy all the time as I did when it came out. if louie NEVER played on any l.p.(which he has of course) again and dropped his sticks for good...he still kicks ass for the major skills displayed on that album alone!