"Led Zeppelin are over!" says Jimmy Page's manager

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Despite published reports indicating otherwise, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have abandoned plans to record and tour together.

MusicRadar spoke exclusively with Peter Mensch, Jimmy Page's manager, who stated categorically, "Led Zeppelin are over! If you didn't see them in 2007 [when they played a one-off reunion at London's O2 Arena], you missed them. It's done. I can't be any clearer than that."
Singers auditioned, "no one worked out"

There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it" Peter Mensch, Jimmy Page's manager, on the prospect of a 'Led Zeppelin' tour​
Mensch confirmed that last fall, when singer Robert Plant made it known he was continuing his partnership with bluegrass artist Alison Krauss and had no intention of returning to Led Zeppelin, replacement vocalists were auditioned to possibly record and tour with Page, Jones and Bonham.
"They tried out a few singers, but no one worked out," says Mensch. "That was it. The whole thing is completely over now. There are absolutely no plans for them to continue. Zero. Frankly, I wish everybody would stop talking about it."
When asked what new projects Jimmy Page was going to be involved with in 2009, Mensch said, "Fuck if I know. I'm waiting to hear."

I guess this will quiet the rumours.

The Plant / Krauss project was an intriguing concept, but the results were just horrible. If Plant is determined to do another Plant/Krauss album, I hope they can come up with some better material (and let Krauss do more of the singing).

I guarantee the O2 show will be released at some point.

Robert plant is a bitch for giving Page the shoulder, i never expected them to even reunite for 1 show, their fate is permanently sealed now. Its better this way i guess so they can't tarnish the legacy,they will be remembered.

No it would 87.5%, considering the drummer they had was the other dudes son. Or at least that's what I though.

Jason knows his shit. Absolutely fantastic drummer and Page said he studied their shit mercilessly (bootlegs and different versions as well as the albums). I've heard he was spot on live at the O2 show as well.

IMO it's better, don't get me wrong i Love Zeppelin, started listening to them in 1978(I was 8)and only got to see Page & Plant on the No quarter gig twice, but i believe Plant is done and can't sing anymore to Zeppelin's standards, just my opinion of course

Jason knows his shit. Absolutely fantastic drummer and Page said he studied their shit mercilessly (bootlegs and different versions as well as the albums). I've heard he was spot on live at the O2 show as well.
Jason didn't impress me when I saw him play live on Jimmy's Outrider tour back in like 1988. Average drummer imo. He's no Bonzo...

Jason didn't impress me when I saw him play live on Jimmy's Outrider tour back in like 1988. Average drummer imo. He's no Bonzo...

That was then, this is now. He admitted to being mediocre then - he didn't practice and he wasn't prepared. There was an interview with him where he said not only is he a far better drummer now, but he studied intensely for the reunion show (also anticipating a possible reunion tour - which we now know isn't happening).

Plus, he sounded damn good on the Steel Dragon stuff.

Jason sounded good when I saw the Outrider tour, maybe he was inconsistant. Plant cant sing old Zep material very good anymore, especially over an extended period of time and really couldnt as far back as 76 or so, which is one reason why I believe he bailed. I'm wondering what happened to Coverdale ? He probably struggles with the higher powerful parts these days too. RIP Zep, they contain my fondest oldest musical memories.