Led Zeppelin concert nov 26th London

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
I would like to go, but I think visiting ProgPower USA is cheaper :p

Led Zeppelin will perform a one-time comeback concert in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, a co-founder of Atlantic Records.
The band will perform together for the first time in 19 years on Nov. 26, at London's The O2 venue, on the banks of the River Thames.

Promoters said the concert would pay tribute to Ertegun — the label boss who popularized Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and Led Zeppelin — who died in December at age 83.

"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord," Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant said in a statement. "For us he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator."

Ertegun, who co-founded the Atlantic Records label with Herb Abramson, signed Plant's band in 1968 and later snapped up the Rolling Stones.
Led Zeppelin's remaining original members Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will headline the concert with late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason, on drums, organizers said Wednesday.
The quartet is expected to perform a full set lasting up to two hours.
Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said Led Zeppelin would play one show only and there was no commitment or discussion of playing beyond that.

and for the prices;

Cheapest tickets; 240$

nicer places almost go up to 1000 $ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, thanx !!

Wow!!! But I would love to see that! Led Zeppelin has always been among my favorites and I started out with them back in '72. I hope they will film the event for a future DVD release.

Sounds kinda like the Cream reunion concerts that happened a couple of years ago. They played enough shows to put together a cd and dvd and that was it.

I saw Page/Plant in 1998 and it was awesome, so it would be great to see a Zep reunion tour (if I can afford to buy tickets for it!).

And they said "it would never happen" Those dude are old now and I hope they can still get the job done with honor. Even '98 was nearly 10 years ago and alot changes in ten years when your older. Id still like to see it though and would go the dollar & distance if it was in the NE States.

Then there was the rumor about leaving Jones on the outside for certain things, I forget the details but thats major wrongness.

I'd like to have a DVD too! :) That seem to be my only way of EVER seeing any bands! :(