Led Zeppelin postpone reunion show!

From Ultimate Guitar:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/led_zeppelin_postpone_reunion_show.html

Classic rock band Led Zeppelin has postponed the most eagerly awaited show of the season because guitarist Jimmy Page broke his finger, promoters said Thursday. The concert will no longer take place on November 26th, instead being moved to December 10th. Tickets bought for the previous date will still be valid, however.

Page apparently broke his finger last weekend, and he is under doctor's orders not to play guitar for at least three weeks. Page commented on his disappointment of the change:

"I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks. [....] We feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to."

After Led Zeppelin's split in 1980 following drummer John Bonham's death by alcohol poisoning, the band has rarely played together at all. The last time they played on a stage together was nearly 12 years ago for their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The venue will hold up to 20,000 fans from all around the world. The show will include all the original members with the exception of Bonham, whose position will rightfully be played by his son, Jason Bonham. The show is a tribute to the now-passed found of Atlantic Records, Ahmet Ertegun, who signed the group in 1968.

Hope this doesn't muck up anyone's plans too much. :erk:

Man they're just milkin' it aren't they?:lol:

I remember when Maiden canceled a gig out here because Dave Murray broke his finger in a fall on stage.It really sucked because it had been 12 years since Maiden played the bay area.It was canceled the day of the show.We actually got to the venue & found out.Hate when that happens!:mad:

I recently saw a documentary on Ahmet Ertugen. In his interviews, his passionate love of music and the people who make it shone through and music today would not be the same without him. I know I wouldn't be. Some of my greatest influences were artists he was responsible for finding and whose talents he nurtured. What a great man. :headbang: