LED ZEPPELIN To Release Deluxe 'Physical Graffiti' Set Next Month

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, the expanded three-disc reissue of LED ZEPPELIN's 1975 double album "Physical Graffiti" will be released in the U.K. on February 24, and presumably in the States the following day. The new set has been made available for pre-sale on Amazon U.K., with ZEPPELIN updating the band's Facebook page with new "Physical Graffiti" graphics.The new edition features seven previously unissued alternate tracks and outtakes — in addition to remastered versions of such ZEPPELIN classics as "Kashmir", "Trampled Under Foot", "Houses Of The Holy", "In My Time Of Dying", "Down By The Seaside", "Boogie With Stu" and "The Wonton Song", among others.Jimmy Page, who serves as producer for the ongoing reissue series, told The Pulse Of Radio that the new editions of the albums aren't designed to change the historical narrative of LED ZEPPELIN's career. "No, no, I'm not into rewriting history, I'm re-presenting history," he said. "All of the music that you hear across the companion disc is all basically mixes from the time. I thought it was essential to have mixes from the time, because you've got the mindset. It's showing the mindset of what's being done. To go to the multi-tracks and start remixing, then that's a whole different total ball game. I wasn't into that. I really wanted to have something whereby [it] totally reflected what was going on at that point of time. A times capsule, if you like, of when these things were being recorded.""Physical Graffiti" Deluxe Edition bonus tracks:* Brandy & Coke (Trampled Under Foot – Initial Rough Mix)* Sick Again (Early Version)* In My Time of Dying (Initial Rough Mix)* Houses of the Holy (Rough Mix With Overdubs)* Everybody Makes It Through (In the Light Early Version/In Transit)* Boogie With Stu (Sunset Sound Mix)* Driving Through Kashmir (Kashmir Rough Orchestra Mix)
ledzeppelingphysicaldeluxe_638.jpg

More...