Lee Jackson Preamp

I once ran a GP1000 into my triamp, and it sounded like arse... :lol:
try connecting it into the FX-return und turn the fx-mix to plain wet. this way you pass the combos preamp, and should be able to get a better result.

I'm pretty sure the lack of a real poweramp is the reason for your buzz.
preamp tubes tend to last a hell of a time usually, since there's not that much juice running thru'em... ;)

TIP-Doppelkeks said:
I once ran a GP1000 into my triamp, and it sounded like arse... :lol:
try connecting it into the FX-return und turn the fx-mix to plain wet. this way you pass the combos preamp, and should be able to get a better result.

I'm pretty sure the lack of a real poweramp is the reason for your buzz.
preamp tubes tend to last a hell of a time usually, since there's not that much juice running thru'em... ;)

ok lol, i need a engl poweramp now, my combo is a line 6 modeling piece of shit and has no fx loop.......so not much i can do

cobhc said:
ok lol, i need a engl poweramp now, my combo is a line 6 modeling piece of shit and has no fx loop.......so not much i can do

Don't go engl, they are overpriced. Go VHT, honestly. There are more people who say VHT power amps are some of THE VERY BEST power amps in the world. Get a 2/90/2, or a 2/50/2 (what i have). They are cheaper too. about 300 bucks cheaper.

Line 6 is okay, if you use the POD's and thats it. Oh, the vetta II kicks mucho ass too.

cant find a poweramp in my price range, thats the only problem, the vht's are too expensive, about all i can afford is like a rocktron velocity, or the peavey classic series amps

cobhc said:
cant find a poweramp in my price range, thats the only problem, the vht's are too expensive, about all i can afford is like a rocktron velocity, or the peavey classic series amps

VHT's are cheaper than Engl's.

Don't go rocktron. Go peavey. In particular the Peavey Classic 50 Power amp.

BTW, I'm Moving this to OT.

cobhc said:
how does it sound in comparison to the engl's and vht's?

It's all tube, FWIW. But ive heard it live with a POD and it sounds great. The guy needs some serious tweaking on his POD, but it's still a good Amp.

bobvex said:
It's all tube, FWIW. But ive heard it live with a POD and it sounds great. The guy needs some serious tweaking on his POD, but it's still a good Amp.

anyone got any live shit with alexi using his peavey poweramp??

maybe you try a hughes&kettner VS250. hear nothing but good things about them, they got great reviews in harmonycentral and they can be bought quite cheap.
they even offer triode/pentode (if that's it) mode, which allows you to reduce the power bout 50%.
they are all tube (got a whole lotta tubes in them actually) and 50watts stereo. pretty much all you need IMO.

the engls or VHTs are great amps for sure, but if your financally limited the H&K would be surely not wrong for you. I doubt you'd be disappointed. :)

concerning this trying to be like alexi thing; I think there's nothing wrong in asking for soundfiles for example.
I think he knows what alexi sounds like and might get a comparison this way.
and anyway, if you like the sound of someone, maybe alexi, maybe someone else, there's nothing wrong in searching for a similar sound.
I'm sure alexi's not gonna get hurt that way... ;)

if you wanna get professional it's surely better to get an own sound, since everyone will recognize you easier, but for home use...

I like nuno bettencourts sound, that's why I got my triamp, and I liked roope latvalas sound, that's why I got my rhoads. call me roope bettencourt if you like, but I see nothing wrong in it. :lol:
maybe I'm poser or wannabe too, but I don't really care actually... ;)

TIP-Doppelkeks said:
maybe you try a hughes&kettner VS250. hear nothing but good things about them, they got great reviews in harmonycentral and they can be bought quite cheap.
they even offer triode/pentode (if that's it) mode, which allows you to reduce the power bout 50%.
they are all tube (got a whole lotta tubes in them actually) and 50watts stereo. pretty much all you need IMO.

the engls or VHTs are great amps for sure, but if your financally limited the H&K would be surely not wrong for you. I doubt you'd be disappointed. :)

concerning this trying to be like alexi thing; I think there's nothing wrong in asking for soundfiles for example.
I think he knows what alexi sounds like and might get a comparison this way.
and anyway, if you like the sound of someone, maybe alexi, maybe someone else, there's nothing wrong in searching for a similar sound.
I'm sure alexi's not gonna get hurt that way... ;)

if you wanna get professional it's surely better to get an own sound, since everyone will recognize you easier, but for home use...

I like nuno bettencourts sound, that's why I got my triamp, and I liked roope latvalas sound, that's why I got my rhoads. call me roope bettencourt if you like, but I see nothing wrong in it. :lol:
maybe I'm poser or wannabe too, but I don't really care actually... ;)

Nah I'm only kidding. I was gonna get the engl based on alexi's sound, back when i was a fanboy, but then i got the VHT based off of reviews and user suggestions

this wasn't directed only to you, but I mentioned words like fanboy, or wannabe are used quite frequently in here... ;) don't understand all that discussing about it.
just wanted to throw my 2c in.

how much did you pay for the 2502 btw? does it also have KT88s in it like the big ones?
like their sound somehow...

thanks, people get flamed so badly for wanting people's sounds, i really want a 5150, but i cant afford it, and i've heard a lot of people say that alexi's sound is like a 5150, so i thought maybe i could go for his setup and get a 5150 kinda sound, after all both the 5150 and the lee jackson are based on hot rodded marshalls are they not?

hey, I have an GP1000 I´m looking to get rid of, anyone interested can mail me
at ben.amoral(at)mail.com. I´m thinking 450e, but there´s always room for bargaining :) the tubes are brand new, and the condition of the preamp is also good, only a little rack rash. I need some quick cash for an upcoming trip, otherwise I´d love to keep it, the lead sound in particular is great...