Legion and Lextac free vst - song called "Source" Metal/Rock Riffs!

Widekmusic

Apr 18, 2009
Poland
Hi guys, check out my new song, hope you like it! :)

Guitars: Schecter Demon and Epi SG GX
Bass: Broomstick Bass
Drums: Steven Slate Ex 3.5
Clean: Lextac
Rhytm: Legion and 6505sim
Impulses: Left - Friedman -10, Right - Guitarhack Between 45

Download link:

http://mp3.wp.pl/i/sciagnij?id=280621

Video:

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds good do you have a vocalist? keep up the good work

Unfortunately not... I live in a small city, it's hard to find a good singer here :/ So i recording instrumental songs from time to time ;P

could you go into a little detail on how you got that guitar tone? like fx chain, how did you track it, etc? im trying to get a similar tone and i have legion, 8505 and 7170. here what ive got so far

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8017980/deadplanet.mp3

help would be greatly appreciated

Check out your pm box ;)

Could you share how you got that drum sound, my Slate sounds like shit

Ok, i sent a private message with my preset :)

Thank you for your opinion guys ;)

I'm also interested as to how you got such a great sound from SSD. The ride sound very natural. Would be great if you could post some info in the thread.

Thanks

If you could PM me info for the rhythms, that'd be great. I'm experimenting around with a bunch of different tones, trying to see which one fits my vision for my black metal band.

Excellent song and riffing, and the drums sound amazing as well.

@widekmusic: can you send (PM) me your fx chain rhytm guitar tone(legion and 8505) , please?
sorry for my english

haha here come the preset whores!!! come on people... you have low, mid, highs, contour, gain, and master knobs, each go from 1-10, just turn them until it sounds how you want it! the reason why widek's sound is so ballin' is because the dude can play like a muthafucka and is tight as hell. Good job man!

haha here come the preset whores!!! come on people... you have low, mid, highs, contour, gain, and master knobs, each go from 1-10, just turn them until it sounds how you want it! the reason why widek's sound is so ballin' is because the dude can play like a muthafucka and is tight as hell. Good job man!

+101010101010

I can't fucking stand it when the presetz requests start up :D

I really hope I was not included in that list, because I am not looking for a "preset." I'm merely looking to see what chain he used (whether it was TSS or SoloC or some other sim as a boost, how much he pushed Legion, if he used any EQ pre/post sim or IR) as an experiment. Obviously it will not sound exactly the same because we're not using the same guitars, strings, tracking through the same interface, or are the same person (age old "hands" argument.) More than likely, it'll sound like shit on my 16th note dissonant black metal chord riffing. But all the same I'd like to see how he got that tone.

I really hope I was not included in that list, because I am not looking for a "preset." I'm merely looking to see what chain he used (whether it was TSS or SoloC or some other sim as a boost, how much he pushed Legion, if he used any EQ pre/post sim or IR) as an experiment. Obviously it will not sound exactly the same because we're not using the same guitars, strings, tracking through the same interface, or are the same person (age old "hands" argument.) More than likely, it'll sound like shit on my 16th note dissonant black metal chord riffing. But all the same I'd like to see how he got that tone.

I won't include you in the list then :D TBH I don't see the problem with using peoples presets to learn from them, and to tweak them to make them your own, but when its just to use their exact settings, its a bit :erk: