In the Dragon's Den
Mar 31, 2003
Chicago, IL
www.themetalchick.net
Legs Diamond - Diamonds Are Forever
AOR Heaven - 00019 - 11/14/05
by Amanda J. Carlson
LegsDiamondcover.jpg

There are some bands out there that are like the Energizer bunny – they just keep going and going and going. Legs Diamond has been around longer than I’ve been alive, 1975 to be exact. Perhaps the title of this album is their way of saying they’ll be sticking around even if they start rotting away like the Rolling Stones.

I hear a lot of early UFO in their songs, with a bit of a flavor of stoner rock or some such mellow rock. The keyboards in songs like “Time Will Never Change” could fit nicely in an 80s TV show like Miami Vice. “Good Time” gives me vibes of KISS, though not necessarily in a bad way. It’s pretty clear that their early influences still reign on an album in the 21st century, however that’s not always a downfall. A song like “Will You Remember” is slow and kind of ballady, but the vocals carry it high, especially in the chorus. It’s one of those you’d sway to and wave your lighter in the air. Though those 80s keyboards make an appearance again, it gives the song a pleasant atmosphere so it stands out from the others as, dare I say, a diamond in the rough.

The lyrics are quite repetitious, but no surprise in a style of rock such as this. Easier to sing along to, I suppose. Listening to this album, I can’t get the vision out of my head of driving down a desert road in a convertible, top down, wind in my hair, and blasting music such as this. It’s nice driving music, that’s for sure. Not my taste in metal, but for a band still around after 30 years, they deserve some credit.

7.5/10

Legs Diamond Official Website
AOR Heaven Official Website

Can't believe these guys are still kicking! I was never a huge fan but I got nothing but respect for them sticking with what they love...:worship: