Let em get this right

PoolePaul

Apr 18, 2005
In a bar
OK...anyone can sign up for the street team thing right....so u get to give out promo stuff for anthrax (you get to do their promo work for free...they wont pay u a penny)....BUT....to chat with em online...u have to pay $25 or whatever it is for the cost of joining the so called elite CDC club....where they dick u around by not sending merch they promised to you....but you do get stuff noone else will see...like charlie playing with SOAD plus some other stuff, like exclusive invites to meet and greets...well Ive read a lot of stories of meet and greets that havent happened...NOW...this is where I enter into conspiracy theory realm...please bear with it...that is if this thread doesnt "vanish"...now I think I can remember another band where 2 of the members alone called all the shots. No names mentioned here. In the words of the sex pistols..."ever had the feeling youve been cheated?". In short...they want you to promote their stuff, wont pay a penny to you, but to get "Exclusive" stuff...you have to pay them.... Why dont they rename the band to Anthrallica? OH yeah...i forgot to mention...anyone that asks questions to Mr Wu...you gotta direct them to the CDC site...he wont answer in here...You gotta pay for your answers...Sounds like a bitter post...YEP...GOT THAT RIGHT..

PoolePaul said:
OK...anyone can sign up for the street team thing right....so u get to give out promo stuff for anthrax (you get to do their promo work for free...they wont pay u a penny)....BUT....to chat with em online...u have to pay $25 or whatever it is for the cost of joining the so called elite CDC club....where they dick u around by not sending merch they promised to you....but you do get stuff noone else will see...like charlie playing with SOAD plus some other stuff, like exclusive invites to meet and greets...well Ive read a lot of stories of meet and greets that havent happened...NOW...this is where I enter into conspiracy theory realm...please bear with it...that is if this thread doesnt "vanish"...now I think I can remember another band where 2 of the members alone called all the shots. No names mentioned here. In the words of the sex pistols..."ever had the feeling youve been cheated?". In short...they want you to promote their stuff, wont pay a penny to you, but to get "Exclusive" stuff...you have to pay them.... Why dont they rename the band to Anthrallica? OH yeah...i forgot to mention...anyone that asks questions to Mr Wu...you gotta direct them to the CDC site...he wont answer in here...You gotta pay for your answers...Sounds like a bitter post...YEP...GOT THAT RIGHT..

Hopefully this won't get deleted. you made some valid points

The Anthrax Street Team (NFST)....is run by fans who support the band for free.... we do NOT ask for ANYTHING in return...... a few years ago... a fan named Travis...if I'm not mistaken... came up with the idea to have an Anthrax street team..... he and I combined a list.... of Anthrax fans who want to support the band..... if you think that being on the street team means that the band owes you anything..... YOU ARE WRONG.... the US street team is run by myself and the US street teamers..... all we do is support Anthrax and all we ask for is promotional materials from the label..... if you are hardcore and I know you're supporting the band.....then I (Thra:rofl:ude AKA Tad) might remember to get you on the Anthrax Guestlist.... where you might meet the band.... and get shit signed... etc...... but nothing is gauranteed..... if you want to support the band... join the street team..... if you want to get free shit and expect the band to reimburse you for whatever.... join the CDC.... (it's not free though... $25... worth every penny I must say..... while being an Anthrax fan is free).... Any questions..... e-mail streetteam@anthrax.com I'm not on Anthrax's payroll..... I'm just an Anthrax fan who supports the band.... and I don't expect anything in return..... I do wish I knew what the fuck happened to Travis though....

If you want to join the Anthrax Fan Club, sign up! It's $25 and it's worth it. Just like every Anthrax fan club, it isn't free. If you want to support the band, sign up! The band loves us. Remember it was started by fans who aren't selfish fuckwads. Just fans who support Anthrax.

I appreciate your efforts. I sent you the street team sign up request a month ago but have not received anything. Hopefully I will soon. I haven't done anything for the street team and I dont expect anything from the ST but the swag to spread arounnd where I go. It wouldn't be a job. I'd be satisfied with the thanks from the fans who get the stickers and such.
However, I joined the CDC clicked the box and got a meet and greet pass for the Jaxx show. Drove 7 hrs non-stop one way to get to the show and there was no Meet and Greet. Needless to say I was pissed. Now I know its not your fault, and you had nothing to do with it, but do you have any idea what is wrong with this meet and greet deal. Is there something that a local fan can do to make sure the meet and greet goes on in their home town. Perhaps get in touch with the venue to see if they can set aside a room with a table to have the M&G event. I know many of these M&G events have not happened lately. Many loyal fans have been left hanging with no reasonable explanation as to why. You are the only one connected who ever addressed my questions. It seems I haven't been around here long enough or something. I first saw Anthrax in 1988 in Pittsburgh at the Syrian Mosque. I have also seen shows in 6 states from Cleveland, OH to Orlando, FL. I am a real fan and I want to prevent others from being shafted by this M&G BULLSHIT!!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Well said thrax. I totaly agree with the whole point of the street team, thats why I joined the UK unit. The band get next to no publicity over hear, and if the band dont make enough sales then the record company wont put up the money for them to tour here. Thats why I became a member, to try an make sure they still tour this country. As for free stuff, who cares! Payment for doing it? Who gives a shit. I would normaly be going into places where I would leave any posters/stickers/flyers/whatever, so its not as if I'm realy going to a lot of trouble to get stuff out there. It is infact a pleasure to help turn people onto the great music that they play and to help them to carry on making new fans. Anything that helps keep a band that I love to go see, and listen to, going is never gonna be a problem for me.
Now tell me of any major band whos fan club is free. They have to charge you something to pay the staff who work for them, and the postage/printing of the stuff there supposed to send you. I've been a member of other big bands fan clubs and never got the kinda stuff that im getting from the CDC. IMO its value for money. As for the merch not beeing sent, it was said when the info first went up that the merch wouldnt be sent till the CDC was fully opperational and that your membership would start at this time. So basicaly, I've payed for 12 months and got 1 free, thats a good deal.

Bleearg - to play devil's advocate, if you've never been to a meet and greet, especially at some of these small venues, you'd be surprised how little room there really is in the "backstage" area. Many years ago, I was at an after-show for Todd Rundgren at the Vic Theatre in Chicago, and the place where the meet and greet was held was - a hallway! Not all places can be like the House Of Blues and have a separate private bar (though, I gotta admit, that was cool - even if I got lost leaving for the night).

And, there are occasions where things just go completely to shit in terms of time, technical issues, etc. that make a band (not just Anthrax) have to make a decision: deal with the issues, or hope they work themselves out while you meet the fans. I know that the meet and greet the second night in Chicago was cancelled, but seeing all the problems that Danny had with his guitar and the problems with mis-tuned guitars, I actually understood why it had been cancelled (though I still was disappointed).

I'm not defending Anthrax in terms of the CDC or promises made that get broken. Just my observations after 20 years of attending concerts.

Im a loyal NFST member and Anthrax fan. I might have gotten a little pissed about not meeting them, but I do support the band regardless. Hell, Ill drive all over the city to promote the shit out of this band.

Bleearg said:
I appreciate your efforts. I sent you the street team sign up request a month ago but have not received anything. Hopefully I will soon. I haven't done anything for the street team and I dont expect anything from the ST but the swag to spread arounnd where I go. It wouldn't be a job. I'd be satisfied with the thanks from the fans who get the stickers and such.
However, I joined the CDC clicked the box and got a meet and greet pass for the Jaxx show. Drove 7 hrs non-stop one way to get to the show and there was no Meet and Greet. Needless to say I was pissed. Now I know its not your fault, and you had nothing to do with it, but do you have any idea what is wrong with this meet and greet deal. Is there something that a local fan can do to make sure the meet and greet goes on in their home town. Perhaps get in touch with the venue to see if they can set aside a room with a table to have the M&G event. I know many of these M&G events have not happened lately. Many loyal fans have been left hanging with no reasonable explanation as to why. You are the only one connected who ever addressed my questions. It seems I haven't been around here long enough or something. I first saw Anthrax in 1988 in Pittsburgh at the Syrian Mosque. I have also seen shows in 6 states from Cleveland, OH to Orlando, FL. I am a real fan and I want to prevent others from being shafted by this M&G BULLSHIT!!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Thanks man. I don't know when we'll have more promo materials.
And I have no idea what's going on with the meet & greets...

As one of the newest street team members,I have to say doing the street team stuff is very freaking cool!!! Hell I get more out of it then Anthrax!! I had a great time hanging posters,talking to owners of stores,giving out stickers at the Testament show.I made alot of new freinds by doing this.Plus it made me buy a whole lot of great new Cd's (Metal of course). Do I get paid for it? No,but I never expected too.It's an honour to this for THE best Metal band around and that's Anthrax.This is one Soldier of Metal who's proud of it!!!:headbang: :Smokedev:

I haven't mentioned this before, but when I flew from Adelaide to Melbourne in May to catch both shows, I was hooked up with some meet and greet passes for both the Melbourne and Adelaide shows.

Guess what - they didn't happen at either show.........

Ragman_kd said:
Well said thrax. I totaly agree with the whole point of the street team, thats why I joined the UK unit. The band get next to no publicity over hear, and if the band dont make enough sales then the record company wont put up the money for them to tour here. Thats why I became a member, to try an make sure they still tour this country. As for free stuff, who cares! Payment for doing it? Who gives a shit. I would normaly be going into places where I would leave any posters/stickers/flyers/whatever, so its not as if I'm realy going to a lot of trouble to get stuff out there. It is infact a pleasure to help turn people onto the great music that they play and to help them to carry on making new fans. Anything that helps keep a band that I love to go see, and listen to, going is never gonna be a problem for me.
Now tell me of any major band whos fan club is free. They have to charge you something to pay the staff who work for them, and the postage/printing of the stuff there supposed to send you. I've been a member of other big bands fan clubs and never got the kinda stuff that im getting from the CDC. IMO its value for money. As for the merch not beeing sent, it was said when the info first went up that the merch wouldnt be sent till the CDC was fully opperational and that your membership would start at this time. So basicaly, I've payed for 12 months and got 1 free, thats a good deal.

Ragman, how did u manage to get a hold of anyone in the UK street team?
I e-mailed some bloke called Ben a few times but heard nothing back and got bored trying. Im more than willing to pimp the band where i can.

Im more than willing to promote the hell outta the