Let not get carried away here...

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Rock N Roll Tomb is the biggest joke EVER! It's run by the guys at Rolling Stone magazine if that tells you anything. It means absolutely NOTHING!!

I would love to see a RnR Museum started. A place that paid tribute to all styles of rock... unlike the Tomb that only involves the bands that sold the most albums.

Greeno said:
The Rock N Roll Tomb is the biggest joke EVER! It's run by the guys at Rolling Stone magazine if that tells you anything. It means absolutely NOTHING!!
This is true. It mean nothing. I mean ZZ Top got in & I can't see how they did.
They aren't a popular band & they sold records from like '84-'90, but that was their peak, though their better material was in the 70's...

Rolling Stone have as much relevance as Al-Jazeera. Last good article they had was in 1970 or so.

I think there should be a metal hall of fame. "Rock and Roll" hits such a broad spectrum that only metal acts like Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Rush etc. (maybe Dream Theater as a long shot) are going to make it in there. I actually agree with the way the R&RHoF is set up. There HAS to be a "basis" for most of the artists that get in and record sells makes sense. If there is not a basis for an inductee, it becomes nothing more than a popularity contest which will also put few others in than a band/artist that gets in due to record sales which often goes hand in hand with popularity. If that makes sense. : /

Bryant

Bryant

Bryant said:
If there is not a basis for an inductee, it becomes nothing more than a popularity contest which will also put few others in than a band/artist that gets in due to record sales which often goes hand in hand with popularity. If that makes sense. : /

All it is now is a popularity contest.

It would be cool to have something for metal but I don't think it should be a "metal hall of fame".... I would rather it be a museum type thing that covers ALL genres of metal, not just what's popular (like what the RnR hall does with rock).