LETHAL - Legendary U.S. Metal Band Returns

DCA

Feb 25, 2006
www.dcarecordings.com
LETHAL, the legendary power/progressive metal band that released the classic "Programmed" album, as well as the critically acclaimed "Your Favorite God" EP and "Poison Seed" releases, have broken 10 years of silence and reformed. LETHAL have reunited with the "Your Favorite God/Poison Seed" lineup of Tom Mallicoat (vocals), Dave McElfresh (guitars), Eric Cook (guitars), Jerry Hartmann (drums), and Glen Cook (bass).

LETHAL is currently rehearsing for upcoming live dates, as well as writing material for their new album to be released in early 2007 (with a full tour to follow).

The Kentucky-based LETHAL was founded by Tom Mallicoat and the Cook brothers, Eric and Glen. In 1990, after the arrival of drummer Jerry Hartmann, Metal Blade Records released their debut album, "Programmed," which was instantly proclaimed a progressive/power metal classic the world over.

In 1994, LETHAL independently released "Your Favorite God," a 5-song EP (featuring new guitarist David McElfresh) which immediately sold out. Your Favorite God showed LETHAL going in a heavier direction, with such outstanding songs as "Waiting On The Kill" and "Hard To Breathe."

LETHAL's last release, the album "Poison Seed" (1995), set new standards for progressive metal bands with its sheer musical brilliance, which featured "Down," "Walking Wounded," and the title track.

And soon, their forthcoming live performances and new album will solidify LETHAL's place amongst the power/progressive metal elite.

For further information, please contact:

DCA RECORDINGS
E-MAIL: ERIC@DCARECORDINGS.COM

I actually posted a while back wondering if anyone knew what Tom Mallicoat was up to these days. Finding out that there is a Lethal reunion underway was the BEST answer I could have gotten!

Can't wait to hear the new material -- and hopefully see the band live.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I do hope they keep to the heavy side of things. I love all the LETHAL discs, witht the EP's, "Swim or Drown" my fav LETHAL track.

However, I do remember Tom looking to form a new band a couple of years ago at which time he said he, "wasn't interested in re-living the past" which likely meant, non-Lethal-like music. So, I'm sorta suprised at this news, but very pleasantly so. When you have the gift of voice like him, it's a shame not to use it - regardless of the music's style.

Meteornotes said:
This is awesome news. They kicked much ass at Powermad '99. That was an amazing night of music with Lethal, Mayadome and Evergrey. Wish I had a video of that...

dt
I wishI still had those videos, but that BITCH Katrina took 'em!