Lethel reunited!

Jul 14, 2002
Stratford, CT
Visit site
LETHAL, the legendary power/progressive metal band that released the classic "Programmed" album, as well as the critically acclaimed "Your Favorite God" EP and "Poison Seed" releases, have broken 10 years of silence and reformed. LETHAL have reunited with the "Your Favorite God/Poison Seed" lineup of Tom Mallicoat (vocals), Dave McElfresh (guitars), Eric Cook (guitars), Jerry Hartmann (drums), and Glen Cook (bass).

LETHAL is currently rehearsing for upcoming live dates, as well as writing material for their new album, to be released in early 2007 (with a full tour to follow).

The Kentucky-based LETHAL was founded by Tom Mallicoat and the Cook brothers, Eric and Glen. In 1990, after the arrival of drummer Jerry Hartmann, Metal Blade Records released their debut album, "Programmed", which was instantly proclaimed a progressive/power metal classic the world over.

In 1994, LETHAL independently released "Your Favorite God", a five-song EP (featuring new guitarist David McElfresh) which immediately sold out. "Your Favorite God" showed LETHAL going in a heavier direction, with such outstanding songs as "Waiting on the Kill" and "Hard to Breathe".

LETHAL's last release, the album "Poison Seed" (1995), set new standards for progressive metal bands with its sheer musical brilliance, which featured "Down", "Walking Wounded", and the title track.

Great news! One of the best singers in prog/metal.

I just remembered the time there was something on blabbermouth about footbalm lethal and all the responses were people yelling about "get a new name, losers!" lol

I tried searching for it right now but apparantly my work blocks me from blabbermouth.

This is one of the best news I heard for a long time.
A small addition to the nice info to DreamNeonBlack's initial news, that might be of special interest for ppl here:
Their EP "Your favorite God" was re-realeased with one extra track where Pat 'o Brien plays as a guest. The track is ballad oriented, but still amazing.

Thx DreamNeonBlack for the news...

Lioness, I expected from you, having 4300 CDs and being a OSM "follower" to remember Lethal. :Smug:

ZANEX said:
This is awesome news. I guy named Dell Hull played on "Programmed" and I know his cousin Kevin Hull. Plus, they're from Erlanger, Ky. A great band.
Zanex, do you have their demo?

metalized said:
This is one of the best news I heard for a long time.
A small addition to the nice info to DreamNeonBlack's initial news, that might be of special interest for ppl here:
Their EP "Your favorite God" was re-realeased with one extra track where Pat 'o Brien plays as a guest. The track is ballad oriented, but still amazing.

Thx DreamNeonBlack for the news...

Lioness, I expected from you, having 4300 CDs and being a OSM "follower" to remember Lethal. :Smug:

I actually bought that EP when it came out and Yes there is a track on there with Pat OBrien playing.

Great music indeed.