LETHAL REPLACES MYSTIC PROPHECY FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Reunited power/progressive metal legends LETHAL have just confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 as replacements for MYSTIC PROPHECY, who as recently reported was forced to cancel their Powerfest performance due to passport/visa issues. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL (located just outside Chicago).

This will be LETHAL's first US performance since reuniting after 10 years of silence, and the band will be featuring their "Your Favorite God/Poison Seed" lineup of Tom Mallicoat (vocals), Dave McElfresh (guitars), Eric Cook (guitars), Jerry Hartmann (drums), and Glen Cook (bass). The band will be co-headlining the Friday night of the fest with doom metal legends SOLITUDE AETURNUS, and will be focusing of material from their classic "Programmed" album, as well as the critically acclaimed "Your Favorite God" EP.

Current Powerfest lineup:

LETHAL
SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ
SUSPYRE

The final band to complete the lineup, which is also targeted to fill the headlining slot on the Saturday night of the fest, will be announced before week's end. Tickets for the fest are on sale now via all Ticketmaster outlets, and will also be made available at various Chicago area locations (The Colliseum, Threshold Music, Discount Records, Metal Haven & Impulse Music) within the next couple weeks on a "cash only" basis.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

announcing this in the RC board will make everyone think that Hill Mike Mötorbike & krew is coming to the USA, as opposed to reality.

this thread is totally homosexual. I want a new copy of Demolition!

When I finally get around to sending your stuff you'll get one of the mega-kool ltd ed rare bonus versions with Deliverance and the Piteå Sessions as bonus träx.

In other news the plan is to record an album this spring and release it during summer!

I talked to Erik today and he told me about that! Recording in a barn? Sounds sexcellent! It was good to speak to Mr. Grahn. He told you to bug me about sending the LP more, and I asked him to do the same :loco:

edit: Cheers for the new-and-improved Lethal stuff! I can't wait! (but something tells me I will)

I talked to Erik today and he told me about that! Recording in a barn? Sounds sexcellent! It was good to speak to Mr. Grahn. He told you to bug me about sending the LP more, and I asked him to do the same :loco:

edit: Cheers for the new-and-improved Lethal stuff! I can't wait! (but something tells me I will)

Christ man, that's TWICE in a year! Calm. The fuck. DOWN!
(you'll get it.. soonish!)

There'll be a taste of it at elast once I get the latest live vid with improved hitek sound and all of that, hold on to your hats!

ALSO IN THE MAKING:

Good news for all who are waiting for the Angantyr/Nasheim split. Work is about to be finished and both CD & vinyl are scheduled for a release in the next 6 months. Yes, after 2 1/2 years of waiting 6 months IS good news!!

Yup. Nasheim side completely done at least, I personally think "in the next 6 months" means a bit less at least.

hahah ... I remember when Blabbermouth posted the story I sent them about Erik leaving Lethal ... and the BM cronies thought it was about the US Lethal :lol:

they all loved the video though