LETHAL REPLACES MYSTIC PROPHECY FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

I am a bit surprised with the band order on Saturday.
I was hoping for a longer Nov Doom set....

Honestly, if this fest wasn't in Chicago, ND would be playing later in the set.

The brutal truth is that Chicago really doesn't support their own...and this is a known fact among Chicago-based bands. Case in point...Trouble...they don't draw dick in the Chicago area, but when they play elsewhere...holy shit!!! The ONLY Chicago show Trouble ever drew any significant numbers in the last 20 years was when they played their first show after getting back together a few years back...after that, dick! Real sad, but true.

This is by no means a knock at ND, and the guys know that...and they would be the first to agree regarding what I said about the Chicago support.

And don't be fooled by Neil's Last.fm analysis from a couple weeks back either. :p

Since I'm a young-un, I had not heard Lethal before today. But I checked out their MySpace and they're pretty solid...and were well described on this board. However, since I had not heard of them today, they neither influence my decision to come this year positively or negatively. I'm still leaning on yes, but I need to see that headliner.

Ok, I've never heard of Lethal but I just ordered "Progammed" from amazon.com since they'll be concentrating on playing songs from this album. I saw "Your Favorite God" on there as well but it was $20 for a used copy and it's just an EP, I might just have to wait on that one.

Looking forward to this show, I wasn't familiar with a lot of these bands but I'm getting a bit more educated on them thanks to this fest, I can't wait!:headbang:

I understand that you're being selective, but what I meant is that if you had been into power metal back in the mid 90s, I would almost bet you would have liked these guys...as did so many!! I think that because you probably became a power metal fan after that time frame/era, you are now comparing Lethal to bands you are now discovering. That's my point by making the power metal newbie comment.

Serious question...and be honest!! When did you first start getting into power metal, and who was the first band that got you into the genre? Be honest...cuz I'll know. :p

And honestly, as far as power metal bands go, Lethal is my Elvenking. :p :kickass:

I've been wanting to get a reunited Lethal for Powerfest since the very first year, so they're of course the one band I'm looking forward to most.:kickass:

This makes me so happy, and no matter what anyone thinks they're drawing potential is...I don't care!! These guys were by far one of my favorite power metal bands in the late 90s, and even if they were playing just for me, and no one else cared, I'd still want them to play. But IMO, I don't think that will be the case...and as far as American power metal bands go, they were among the best...period!

Also, any fans who were into power metal in the days it first started gaining popularity here in the US in the mid 90s will most certainly know who these guys are, and will almost certainly share my sentiment. They were that good back in the day!! :kickass:

I was listening to Power Metal since like 1985. Been into metal since about 82 or 83. I listened to tons of stuff from death metal to thrash to power metal back then. I was more into thrash and stuff. Anything from the Bay Area was my thing and mostly the german power metal stuff Noise was putting out.

There was tons better US power metal back in the day, like Watchtower and Heathen...well they were more of a speed power metal act I guess.

So, Diabolik...were you born this cynical, or have you honed it into an art-form over the years? If all you are going to do is complain, why even go? Almost every band that has been mentioned you have had something bad to say about them. Honestly, it's starting to get a little redundant and boring, and you can quit at anytime now.....I know I, personally, will find it a relief.

BTW rob.....from a power metal "oldie" this announcement rawks!! Was looking forward to MP, but Lethal definitely is a plus!! Good pick!!:headbang: :kickass:

I take my metal very serious and want this fest to be huge. So far there isnt a band that would sell it out so to say. I just want the best fest possible. I am very selective with what I like and very vocal about it. I dont shy away and act like the drones over at the ProgPower board and suck up to each announcement. I know I rub people the wrong way and I am not a sheep when it comes to liking any band that comes along. Sorry that I am redundant. Wait to you meet me in person...I am sure I will really annoy you.

Honestly, if this fest wasn't in Chicago, ND would be playing later in the set.

The brutal truth is that Chicago really doesn't support their own...and this is a known fact among Chicago-based bands. Case in point...Trouble...they don't draw dick in the Chicago area, but when they play elsewhere...holy shit!!! The ONLY Chicago show Trouble ever drew any significant numbers in the last 20 years was when they played their first show after getting back together a few years back...after that, dick! Real sad, but true.

This is by no means a knock at ND, and the guys know that...and they would be the first to agree regarding what I said about the Chicago support.

And don't be fooled by Neil's Last.fm analysis from a couple weeks back either. :p

I have never figured that out. I think local fans are just lazy.

I also have never heard of Lethal, but with the help of a friend telling me they were "Queensryche like" I thought they might be interesting. I couldn't find squat on the net at first. I always forget that myspace is my friend when it comes to music. I quickly found their page and was astonished at how "Queensryche-y" they sounded...at least from the tunes I listened to. I'm obviously not a huge powermetal fan, but I always liked QR and I think I can like Lethal. For me, this fest gets more interesting by the week!

Lethal sure as hell won't draw me there. It looks like it's a Pretty Maids or someone of that calibur to draw me at this point. C'mon baby, daddy needs a trip to Chicago!

Lethal sure as hell won't draw me there. It looks like it's a Pretty Maids or someone of that calibur to draw me at this point. C'mon baby, daddy needs a trip to Chicago!

Sorry dude...if you're not into heavy techy stuff, then it looks like daddy ain't comin' to Chicago. ;)

"This ain't your father's metal fest." :p :lol:

I take my metal very serious and want this fest to be huge. So far there isnt a band that would sell it out so to say. I just want the best fest possible. I am very selective with what I like and very vocal about it. I dont shy away and act like the drones over at the ProgPower board and suck up to each announcement. I know I rub people the wrong way and I am not a sheep when it comes to liking any band that comes along. Sorry that I am redundant. Wait to you meet me in person...I am sure I will really annoy you.

Well.....if you annoy me enough, I may just have to buy you a beer....not too many people get under my skin, but so far your doing an excellent job my friend ;), don't take what I say too personally, I admire people who speak their minds, but do ya have to do it SO OFTEN? :p Hehehehe.....
I love my bands too, and want the best for this fest....so far I have to say Rob and the crew are doing a hell of a job and I give them kudos just for all they have had to put up with to get this far......And as I always say, support your local metal scene!!! Too bad Rob was right about Chicago....*sigh*, most Chicagoans HAVE become drones.....so sad too bad....but I'll still be there, horns up and ready!!:headbang:

Oy vey! Enough with the pissing and moaning.
Rob has stated that he wanted Lethal for a long time.
Obviously the opportunity arose to book them and he did.

Bob - if you promoted a fest, you obviously would go after Elvenking, regardless of what others though.

The point being that a promoter is obviously going to make some "personal" choices.

I just checked my MySpace bulletins, and almost shit my pants.

LETHAL!!!!!! LEE-fuckin'-THAL!!!!!!! One of the most sought-after reunion shows in metal! you can tell I'm excited. ;)

"The world doesn't bother me... I'M IMM--YOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!