MYSTIC PROPHECY & SUSPYRE CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
MYSTIC PROPHECY PERFORMANCE CANCELLED!!! (see Lethal Replaces MP thread for details)

Germany's melodic power metallers MYSTIC PROPHECY and New Jersey's neo-classical power metallers SUSPYRE have been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL.

Mystic Prophecy will be making their US debut as an exclusive one-off performance in support of their latest album "Savage Souls". They will also be featured as a co-headliner with Solitude Aeturnus on the Friday night of the fest. In addition, the up-and-coming band Suspyre has been chosen to be the new opener for that Friday, which will bump Shatter Messiah & Benedictum up to the second & third slots that evening. Suspyre will also be playing in support of their upcoming new album, "A Great Divide", to be released in March.

Current Powerfest lineup:

SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MYSTIC PROPHECY
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ
SUSPYRE

The final band to complete the lineup, which is also targeted to fill the headlining slot on the Saturday night of the fest, will be announced very soon. Ticket information, including both single day and discounted two day passes, will be released immediately following the completion of the lineup.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Somewhere... DarkTide just screamed like a little girl.:loco:

Zod
WoooooFriggginHoooo!!! I've been wanting these guys to come to the states for a long time ... excellent choice. They are powermetal, but they're not cheese metal. They are heavy as hell, and should go over very well.

Greg, you did Suspyre .. right ? I think they are pretty cool as well.

Britt

They are powermetal, but they not cheese metal. They are heavy as hell, and should go over very well.
Not my first choice. But these guys should be a lot of fun after a couple of drinks.

Greg, you did Suspyre .. right ? I think they are pretty cool as well.
I saw Suspyre twice, as an opening act for Zero Hour. Very good musicians. Given how young they are, it will be fascinating to see how far they can take their sound.

Zod

Not to thrilled about Mystic Prophecy. I have one of thier disc and it didnt do anything for me. Seen a few vids and the same thing. Hopefully they will impress me live.

Havent heard Suspyre yet.

Which one do you have, Bob ? I think Savage Souls, and Regressus are top line power metal discs. The other two, Vengeance & Never Ending, are good.

As far as power metal goes I would put these guys in the Brainstorm, Nocturnal Rites class .. but they have received a little less exposure to date than those bands have. Perhaps this USA debut can help them get their name out there a little more.

Britt

A pretty version of what? And can you give us a link?

Thanks!!

:D So that all the bolds, paragraphs, links, italics, returns, etc all show up when you post it in a bulletin or a blog. I can't give you a link, you just have to check your bulletins on myspace. Or actually, here, I can just copy the coding into a message here. Keep in mind it's going to look goofy on here because it's all in "code". Here ya go:

Germany's melodic power metallers<b> MYSTIC PROPHECY</b> and New Jersey's neo-classical power metallers <b>SUSPYRE</b> have been confirmed for <b>CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007</b>. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on <i>Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st</i> at <i>The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL. </i><br /><br />

<b>Mystic Prophecy</b> will be making their US debut as an exclusive one-off performance in support of their latest album <b><i>"Savage Souls"</b></i>. They will also be featured as a co-headliner with /b>Solitude Aeturnus</b> on the Friday night of the fest. In addition, the up-and-coming band <b>Suspyre</b> has been chosen to be the new opener for that Friday, which will bump <b>Shatter Messiah & Benedictum</b> up to the second & third slots that evening. <b>Suspyre</b> will also be playing in support of their upcoming new album, <b><i>"A Great Divide"</b></i>, to be released in March. <br /><br />

Current Powerfest lineup: <br /><br />

<b>SOLITUDE AETURNUS<br />
MYSTIC PROPHECY<br />
MARTYR<br />
SATURNUS<br />
NOVEMBERS DOOM<br />
BENEDICTUM<br />
SHATTER MESSIAH<br />
THURISAZ<br />
SUSPYRE<br /><br /></b>

The final band to complete the lineup, which is also targeted to fill the headlining slot on the Saturday night of the fest, will be announced very soon. Ticket information, including both single day and discounted two day passes, will be released immediately following the completion of the lineup. <br /><br />

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit <a href="http://www.chicagopowerfest.com">www.chicagopowerfest.com</a> or <a href="http://www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest">www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest</a>. <br />

Hmmm. I have heard *of* both but have not really heard either. Time to hit myspace or something.

There's no reason I won't like them both, but as a headliner, MP doesn't give me that "Hell yeah!" feeling that some other people are having. That could be just because I'm not familiar with them, though. I'm glad they're "co-headliners" with Solitude Aeturnus, since at least from my point of view, SA may have more oomph in terms of headliner status. MP only has 4 CDs out, and they've lost their recognized name in Gus G. But I'm not making those tough decisions, I'm just sitting here scratching my butt and typing while my daugher finishes watching Kipper before bedtime.

The thing I am wondering about the most is time: this show is all ages, and so has to end at midnight, right? How much time will the bands get? (The Illinois Entertainer's run down of upcoming Pearl Room events has it listed as 18-and-over, BTW, so if that's not correct you may want to have the venue edit their roster.)

Thanks again for the continued hard work, guys!

Ken