MYSTIC PROPHECY & SUSPYRE CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Germany's melodic power metallers MYSTIC PROPHECY and New Jersey's neo-classical power metallers SUSPYRE have been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL.

Mystic Prophecy will be making their US debut as an exclusive one-off performance in support of their latest album "Savage Souls". They will also be featured as a co-headliner with Solitude Aeturnus on the Friday night of the fest. In addition, the up-and-coming band Suspyre has been chosen to be the new opener for that Friday, which will bump Shatter Messiah & Benedictum up to the second & third slots that evening. Suspyre will also be playing in support of their upcoming new album, "A Great Divide", to be released in March.

Current Powerfest lineup:

SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MYSTIC PROPHECY
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ
SUSPYRE

The final band to complete the lineup, which is also targeted to fill the headlining slot on the Saturday night of the fest, will be announced very soon. Ticket information, including both single day and discounted two day passes, will be released immediately following the completion of the lineup.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

I got two friends of mine who are going to this show. And they're excited as fuck. I wish I could go, I'd kill to see November's Doom and Suspyre in the same festival.

Another good fest in the US. Why are all the good festivals in the US? :cry: ;)

Because we've been lacking them for so long...about time good music gets recognized over here in the US. If enough of these stinking things pop up then maybe the radio will get it and start giving bands their due. I can only dream right...

Clay~~Suspyre

Another good fest in the US. Why are all the good festivals in the US? :cry: ;)

All of the best fests happen in the midwest for some reason. It's weird. A lot of good bands play in the midwest but the east/west coast usually gets squat.

the only thing the east coast has is the Maryland Deathfest.

All of the best fests happen in the midwest for some reason. It's weird. A lot of good bands play in the midwest but the east/west coast usually gets squat.

the only thing the east coast has is the Maryland Deathfest.

Hey now, Atlanta is on the east coast and we have ProgPower USA, arguably the best fest.

Mucho congrats to Suspyre for landing this gig, and you make me really, really want to come. Damn timing.

I should restate my sentence then.

The northeast end of the east coast gets jackshit but the maryland deathfest.

Oh well, at least I can go on hoping that the rumors of ProgPower being in NYC this year are true.

I should restate my sentence then.

The northeast end of the east coast gets jackshit but the maryland deathfest.

Oh well, at least I can go on hoping that the rumors of ProgPower being in NYC this year are true.

Doubt that one...they've gotten pretty happy in atlanta. It's a nice place there...and I'm going next year