LETHAL REPLACES MYSTIC PROPHECY FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

Damn!! I wish I could be there to see Lethal! But then I will be seeing them at the Keep It True festival in Germany.

I have been waiting since 'Programmed' to see them live. Man its like a dream come true. :headbang:

Btw the line up of this festival is simply GREAT! Chances are that Suspyre are going to be the surprise of the festival!

And don't be fooled by Neil's Last.fm analysis from a couple weeks back either. :p

haha, yeah, I'd strongly advise against checking Lethal's last.fm number!

For the record, I've never heard a note of Lethal or Mystic Prophecy in my life, but Lethal is still much more interesting to me. The "Conception" of Powerfest? Probably not, but you never know!

Neil

I also have never heard of Lethal, but with the help of a friend telling me they were "Queensryche like" I thought they might be interesting. I couldn't find squat on the net at first. I always forget that myspace is my friend when it comes to music. I quickly found their page and was astonished at how "Queensryche-y" they sounded...at least from the tunes I listened to. I'm obviously not a huge powermetal fan, but I always liked QR and I think I can like Lethal. For me, this fest gets more interesting by the week!

You're just using me for my Matt Pinfieldness of metal!

Who in their right mind would want to be associated with Matt Pinfield?
That guy knows NOTHING about music.
I saw him on this quiz show once, and he was asked to name Metallica's original line-up. He included CLIFF BURTON in his answer!!!!!

Sorry, but if you can't get that question right, then you don't know shiznit!

I saw him on this quiz show once, and he was asked to name Metallica's original line-up. He included CLIFF BURTON in his answer!!!!!

Haha good point....

I have never heard them and the only thing I know about them is that Rifkin loves them. I will have to give them a listen this afternoon.

In my opinion, ANY lineup that consisted before the first release does not count, no matter how popular the band is, or who was in it. Ron on bass, or Dave on guitar... Doesn't matter. The lineup on a bands FIRST official release should be the answer. If the question was "Original lineup BEFORE the first release" then I can see it.

In my opinion, ANY lineup that consisted before the first release does not count, no matter how popular the band is, or who was in it. Ron on bass, or Dave on guitar... Doesn't matter. The lineup on a bands FIRST official release should be the answer. If the question was "Original lineup BEFORE the first release" then I can see it.

I understand your point.
I guess it depends on how known the history of a band is.
Metallica's history, esp the line-up with Mustain and McGovney, is VERY well known to a Metallica fan, as their history has been told many times in many ways.

Just seems something that someone who was being quizzed as an "Expert" would know.

And don't be fooled by Neil's Last.fm analysis from a couple weeks back either. :p
Granted, Last.fm numbers aren't the ultimate guage of a band's drawing power. However, I'm not sure by what guage these guys are a headlining (or co-headlining) draw. My own disappointment in this announcement aside, I hope I'm wrong and Lethal draws the numbers you guys need to keep this festival growing.

Zod