Let's face it: Dan Swano is a more veratile musican than Mikael

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Check out his catalog. He's done a million different things and 99% of them rule. He's also an excellent engineer.

Crimson and Moontower are maspterpieces!!!

Comments?

Originally posted by Mezarkabul
Check out his catalog. He's done a million different things and 99% of them rule. He's also an excellent engineer.

Crimson and Moontower are maspterpieces!!!

Comments?

Who fucking cares anyway? What was the point of this post? He is a shit singer and drummer and just an OK producer.

shit singer? ack...... nononono not to me!

and yeah Dan's definitely done more all over the spectrum... and besides who cares how "technical" he is, godmachine, i like him for his SONGWRITING. Did that maybe not ever cross your mind? or you just like focusing on the bad because you're bored/ignorant?

I still like Mikael better, BTW... simply because Opeth is the best thing i've heard done in music in a long ass time.

"Lets face it"???? Oh my god what a fucking pretentious statement, you ass. Jesus stuff like that pisses me off, if you like him more fine, but YOUR OPINION does not require us to "FACE THE FACTS" you fucking retard.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
shit singer? ack...... nononono not to me!

and yeah Dan's definitely done more all over the spectrum... and besides who cares how "technical" he is, godmachine, i like him for his SONGWRITING. Did that maybe not ever cross your mind? or you just like focusing on the bad because you're bored/ignorant?

Sorry, but his singing is kinda shitty. I like Moontower pretty good, what he did on 'Death's Design', and the Odyssey songs I've heard are good as well, but as far as him being hailed as some great producer or musician, I don't buy into it. True, he does do a lot of different stuff, but it's definently not all high quality. Take a listen to the Katatonia cd he worked on. The drumming, not too good. Bloodbath, not so good either, but the sheer rawness and brutality make up for that. And as far as the comparison to Mike, the songwriting factor isn't even comparable. Opeth all the way!

Dan's singing kinda shitty???
have you ever heard Nightingale? EoS?
the drumming on Katatonia's cd is very good(not as good as the last but still good)