Let's face it: Dan Swano is a more veratile musican than Mikael

Old thread maybe, but it's still relevant. I'll take just about anything Dan's written over Opeth without flinching... except maybe Morningrise.

Pan-thy-monium and Edge of Sanity kicks ass. I didn't really like Moontower, it just seemed a little cheesy for me. I am yet to listen to any Nightingale or anything else Swano has done, except for Bloodbath, which is alright. Swano is indeed abit more versatile, but Akerfeldt does write more complex music.

so far i've heard Edge of Sanity, Bloodbath, and Moontower, and I'd like to hear more of Swano's work.
My reason for bumping the thread is: I recently discovered another death metal project Swano is involved in, that I've never heard of, in the VAST list of bands he's formed, or is involved with...the band is called Ribspreader. I found out about them on Blabbermouth, because they're making a new record. I'm in the process of getting the rest of the older album now, and so far the 2 tracks i've heard are fucking good.

Dan Swano is a versatile musician, but I think Mikael and him are versatile in the same ways.

Dan just releases a different yet distinguishable sound with each project he's involved with. Opeth makes a different yet distinguishable sound with each album.....

meh Edge of Sanity Crimson series is Fucking Great, nightingale good, bloodbath good, katatonia drumming isnt that amazing, they are all pretty good but not fuck my ass with a 12 inch black dildo good, but now hearing what you say Mr Swano i understand, and would love to see you down in oz with anything anyway