Let's nominate 2 Saxon tracks to start the tournament for best Saxon song

blackblood

blackblood
Sep 9, 2002
Visit site
I believe that with HMT out and celebrating the old classic Saxon songs this is the right time to see which is the favourite Saxon songs ever.

It's very simple: Everybody here has to nominate TWO (2) Saxon songs. When we will have 32 songs we will officially start the tournament and we will have matches between songs(one vs one) with one week of time to vote for every round.

To establish the matches i thought about a casual way.
First song nominated vs 32rd song nominated
2nd nomination vs 31...
3 vs 30 and so on..

VERY IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU NOMINATE IN THIS POST YOUR TWO SAXON SONGS PAY ATTENTION THAT EVERYBODY HAS NOT ALREADY NAMED THEM IN ONE OF THE MESSAGES UNDER THIS STARTING POST,CAUSE YOUR NOMINATION WOULD BE SENSELESS.......

IT'S TIME TO START WITH THE NOMINATIONS...

1) CRUSADER

2) UNLEASH THE BEAST

STAY HEAVY CRUSADERS

PS: THE NEXT WILL WRITE 3) AND 4)..

5) Power & the Glory
6) Strong Arm of the Law

And I have to agree, Crusader is still #1 in my ears :headbang:
Take a look at my name....

I think I'll go with a couple "Dark Horses," but they're personal favorites...

19. Sailing To America
20. Killing Ground

(I continued my numbering from borrowedtime's post until Twisted Tony reposts his pair of tunes.)

Dogs of war

and

747....these two rock me for years(DOW) and decades (747) now and I'm still thrilled when Biff announces either of the two at a show........

I want:

Never Surrender
and Heavy Metal Thunder

...won't put any numbers down, cos not only has Tony got to choose another, but so does Karsten...Dogs of War is already taken too!!

Originally posted by Sammi951
I want:

Never Surrender
and Heavy Metal Thunder

...won't put any numbers down, cos not only has Tony got to choose another, but so does Karsten...Dogs of War is already taken too!!

Wasn't aware that you only can mention songs not already taken...Thought that maybe my english is just too poor to get the actual idea behind this thread, but reading the *entire* initial thrad often helps , too..:)

I also liked "Travellers in time", "Song of evil" and "Cut out the disease" a lot back on the 1999 tour.....Wouldn't call them my all time favourite Saxon tunes but they rocked at all three shows I've been to back then (Stuttgart, Munich and Nuremberg)...

Best from Munich, Germany

Karsten