Lets talk about Canadian Metal Bands thread

wolves202

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I noticed I didn't see any threads devoted to metal bands hailing from Canada, so I thought I make a thread about it.

Canada has produced quite a few metal bands and has been producing metal bands since the 80s. According to metal underground.com. Canada has produced 572 metal bands.

Canada's major 3 cities has produced a bunch of metal bands.

Vancouver has produced bands like 3 Inches of Blood, Devin Townsend Project, Strapping Young Lad, etc.

Toronto has produced Anvil, Woods of Ypres, Warmachine, etc.

Montreal has produced Crytopsy, Beyond Creation, First Fragment, Augury, Elderoth, etc.

Seems to me Montreal is the metal capital of Canada.

Any other Canadians on this site? Feel free to chime in.

Well me might aswell make this thread heterosexual by mentioning what's actually good in Canada, which is Blasphemy and the whole line of: Sacramentary Abolishment > Rites of thy Degringolade > Conqueror > Axis of Advance > Revenge.

...Out of which many cool bands of today raise, like Kerasphorus, Blood Revolt and Weapon.

Let's not forget Obliveon, Gorguts, Strappado, Soothsayer, DBC, Razor, Inernäl Mäjesty, Martyr...

And Onder, you better not be implying that Voivod is gay~

Let's not forget Obliveon, Gorguts, Strappado, Soothsayer, DBC, Razor, Inernäl Mäjesty, Martyr...

And Onder, you better not be implying that Voivod is gay~

Infernäl Mäjesty :kickass:

Didn't realize they were canadian!

Some bands i find myself going back to.

Augury
Gorguts
Cryptopsy
Killer dwarfs
Annihilator
Kataklysm
Aborted
Strapping young lad
Cephalectomy
Obliveon
Haiduk
Eidolon
Blasphemy
Conqueror
Soothsayer
The End
Megiddo
Warmachine
Operation Wintermist
Moonlyght
Archaeon
Beneath the Massacre
Quo Vadis
Into Eternity
Martyr
Eternal Eclipse
Praetoria
Mitochondrion
Eidolon
Zimmers Hole
Infernal Majesty
Exciter
Monarque
Sui Cadre
Divinity
Mares of Thrace
Adytum
Blackguard
Blind Witness
Soulscar
Dead Jesus
Deamon
Weapon
Bison B.C.
Necronomicon
Sacrifice
Fireign
3 inches of blood
Forgotten Tales
Empyria
Rusted dawn
Ion Dissonance
Striker
Blood Revolt
Betrayer
Unexpect
Axis of Advance
Iskra
Thesyre
Neuraxis
Woods of Ypres
Slaughter
Sympathy
Beneath the Massacre
Lapidate
Dead of Winter
Circle of ghosts
Revier du nord
Pagan Hellfire
Nefastus Dies
Voivod
Gris
Revier Du Nord
Rush
Anvil
Razor

i saw Titan's Eve from Vancouver once and they kicked ass

Well me might aswell make this thread heterosexual by mentioning what's actually good in Canada, which is Blasphemy and the whole line of: Sacramentary Abolishment > Rites of thy Degringolade > Conqueror > Axis of Advance > Revenge.

...Out of which many cool bands of today raise, like Kerasphorus, Blood Revolt and Weapon.

Yeah, I endorse this post.

I wish Blasphemy didn't lead to a bunch of shitty war metal bands existing otherwise I'd probably like them more.

I agree with Blasphemy,they are legends of course but SA and AOA were pretty much the same bands,I love Axis Of Advance but I think both of the Sacramentary Abolishment top pretty much everything done by either Blasphemy or AOA.Rites Of Degringolade are insane aswell,Paulus Kressman seems to write the most insane music to my ears..But James Read..I won't go on about how much I love his work.:worship:

Check out these guys, I saw them live, they were pretty sick! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4zmb4aX3A&feature=plcp[/ame]

:kickass:

The Distracting Stone is one of my all-time favorites.

As for today, Antediluvian, Adversarial and Mitochondrion among many others just crush