Life of Agony - Live report and pics

cedarbreed

Don't mean nothin'
Dec 9, 2001
A Nation on Fire
That's the point. Joey said in an interview that the new CD would be a real metal/hardcore one, and keith says in the DVD interview that ' If L.O.A was to release a new CD, we would give you all our tenderness but ... also all our viciousness ' or something like that ;) ( It was before the new CD release was officialy announced ).

P.S : SSS is my least favourite too. RRR is a total winner and Ugly is ace, I always have difficulties knowing which one of those two is my fave.

Spot on.
The production is too soft and there are too many ballads on that one. Songs like ' My mind is dangerous ' or ' Angry Tree ' get on my nerves after a couple of listens ( though the lyrics from My mind... are excellent ). ' Desire ' remains a good song despite its soft touch, thanks to the vocal line and lyrics. ' Hope ' sounds too much like a commercial nu-punk song. :erk: There again the lyrics save it a bit.
' Gently Sentimental ' sounds like a Nirvana rip-off and L.O.A has enough personnality not to copy other bands :erk:
'Weeds' 'Neg' 'Hemophiliac in Me ' and ' Whispers' are the winners on that album for me. The other songs stand from average to O.K, nothing more, nothing less ( 'Tangerine' has a nice refrain but the verses are boring )

I hope they won't repeat these errors and that the next album will contain both the aggressivity and suicidal touch of RRR + the awesome vocal lines, intimate lyrics, and stoner groove of Ugly :)

SSS was clearly a bad choice by the band. I did enjoy some songs like Weeds, Hope and Tangerine (yes, I liked that one), but it didn't compare to the previous two. I still think Ugly is LOA's finest moment, as it is consistent most of the way through with only 1 or 2 fillers. I recently found LOA's '1989-1999' used, so I bought it, and it was certainly worth the $5 I spent on it. Old demo material, re-mixes (or Re-Zamps), and b-sides make up the album.

Dreamlord said:
SSS was clearly a bad choice by the band. I did enjoy some songs like Weeds, Hope and Tangerine (yes, I liked that one), but it didn't compare to the previous two. I still think Ugly is LOA's finest moment, as it is consistent most of the way through with only 1 or 2 fillers. I recently found LOA's '1989-1999' used, so I bought it, and it was certainly worth the $5 I spent on it. Old demo material, re-mixes (or Re-Zamps), and b-sides make up the album.

'Plexiglass Gate' and 'Here I am...' from the demos are excellent songs, they even play the intro of Plexiglass Gate at gigs, belter !

I love RRR Awsome album its Depressing yet empowering Very good one of my all time Favorite albums I saw LOA at ozzfest '98 with that Ugly Kid Joe guy on Vocals The Band was awsome The UKJ wasnt all that great with them though lol tho he did Climb all over everything on the stage which was kinda cool

Yeah Whitfield Crane didn't fit to the band at all, though he is a good singer, no one can replace Keith.
And RRR is one my favourite albums ever too, along with Ugly. Depressing and empowering yeah ...