Who here is a Life of Agony fan?

LOAroberto

Feb 14, 2002
NJ
www.lifeofagony.com
River Runs Red: A true Metal/Hardcore classic. What can I say about this. If you love heavy music buy it. Keith made the band stand out among the other hardcore bands.

Ugly: This one was heavy but more emotional. They toned it down alittle for this one but it has some LOA classics. (Damed if I do, Lets Pretend, etc..)

Soul Serching Sun: When this album came out I didnt like it first but if you just listen its really a great album. Its just a really great melodic hardrock album LOA style. Its the album that would have broke them into the mainstream.

1989-1999: Demos, B-sides, covers and some live stuff. It is a must have if your a fan. Keith sounds really raw on the early demo songs when they were a straight up NY hardcore band. Its cool to hear how the music grew. Plus some classic LOA songs you never heard. (Coffee Break)

Life of Agony Live at the Low Lands: LOA unplugged. Most of the songs are the slow ones but it good just to sit back relax and listen. At the end of the set they do River Runs Red with full on metal distortion. The second half is LOA live from 1994. God Joey's guitar sound is heavy as HELL.

Too bad they broke up but they all have new bands.

Joey: www.stereomud.com (kinda nu metal sounding but I like it. Good to hear Joey's guitar.)

Alan: www.amongthievesmusic.com (there really cool. They have a NY vibe to them. Really good lyrics and vocals.)

Keith: www.keithcaputo.com ( If you like Keith's voice you love his solo album is you keep a open mind. Very mellow jazzy at times but a lot of emotion. It is a great album but you can only buy the import version because they never released is in the US.)

Life of Agony was the first band to have the emotional lyrics and singing with the heavy guitars but its the trendy thing to do. (staind, Stinkin Park etc....)

One of my truly favorite bands. I like each and every disc. I saw them open for Clutch, Type O, Ozzy (I paid the $$$$$ for that show just to see LOA up on the arena stage!!!!!!!!!) and of course, they toured with Anthrax 3 times. The first Stomp tour, the summer co-headlining tour w/ the Misfits, and then on the Vol. 8 tour. The never could have made it w/ Whit, sorry to say. Ugly was probably my favorite album. They were truly ahead of thier time. Stereocrud doesn't do anything for me, I have high hopes for Among thieves.

ugly is my fave too, but all three of em have some really great, stand-out songs. i have kieth's solo album and it is very good... i got the acoustic album too which is a lot of the same song plus 1 new one.

i've downloaded some among thieves off of their website, it is pretty decent. kindasortamaybe reminiscent of some LOA stuff.

i bought the stereomud cd shortly after it came out... i likes that too. there is some heavy stuff on it.