Life of Agony

Oscar Zulu

New Metal Member
Nov 1, 2002
Honolulu
Visit site
Anyone heard of, or remember, Life of Agony? I was searching Kazaa for music that I used to have and remembered LOA. Their debut album, 1993's "River Runs Red" is the only one I've heard. I forgot how good these guys are. They're a bit angst ridden and the album is about suicide, but RRR is a good album. Check 'em out if you haven't heard them. If you're downloading, don't make the songs that are titled after days of the week be your first choice...it's just sound bites of a dysfunctional family with the kid eventuallly cutting his wrists in crapper.

theyre reuniting for a couple of gigs in New York. They did kind of go downhill after the debut record though. You have to be in the right mood for "Ugly" (2nd) and "Soul Searching Sun" is average despite a couple of really good tunes

I liked them, nut I have to disaggree with the sound bitesd on RRR. I re-edited my copy with those clips taken out and just the music. It's too bad they got so damn wimpy after the first albums though. Good stuff...just not as heavy.

Originally posted by union9
I hated this band.May they never show their ugly heads again.

Right on, more power to ya, thanks for chiming in...

abrasiverock, what do you mean about the sound bites? What I was saying was don't make them the first songs by LOA that you download.

I like Life of Agony a lot. They hit upon the whole angst ridden suicide theme light years before all the nu-metal crappers were even thought of with their debut.

Ugly is their best record. Sure its a whole lot more mellow, but has great songwriting.

SSS is awful except for maybe 2 songs.