Songs about suicide

Technically, Fade To Black ain't about suicide - it's about James Hetfield being pissed off with all of Metallica's equipment being stolen out of the back of their tour van not long before they started recording Ride The Lightning... hehehe... can't remember where I read that, but trust me, it's true...

Well, it's not metal but the only song about suicide that sticks in my mind is from the old "Mash" TV show. I don't know who wrote it or sings it or if it's the same in the moive version as the TV shows. ....'Suicide is Painless'.

dill_the_devil said:
Technically, Fade To Black ain't about suicide - it's about James Hetfield being pissed off with all of Metallica's equipment being stolen out of the back of their tour van not long before they started recording Ride The Lightning... hehehe... can't remember where I read that, but trust me, it's true...
Yeah, in one of their bios I read that the incident where their equipment was stolen is what put James in the depressed state of mind to write the lyrics to the song, but the song isn't about them having their equipment stolen.

Psychonaut said:
Bethlehem is supposed to be suicide metal and I'm sure I'd agree if I knew what the hell they were saying...
Those dudes are fucked up plenty!

I myself was pretty curious as to what they were saying. You should go to freetranslation.com, select german to english and copy/paste the lyrics into the box.

Diluvial_bloodshed said:
I myself was pretty curious as to what they were saying. You should go to freetranslation.com, select german to english and copy/paste the lyrics into the box.
I'm actually fluent in German, so if someone would just copy/paste the words here I could translate.