Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
http://www.nme.com/news/life-of-agony/58035

Life Of Agony singer Keith Caputo set to become a woman

Metal singer announces that he intends to become a she
81958793Getty150711.jpg

Photo: Getty
Life Of Agony's Keith Caputo has said he is undergoing surgery to become a woman.

The singer, who is currently on a farewell tour with the Brooklyn metal band, has begun to refer to himself as "her" on his official website Keithcaputo.com and has tweeted that he will be undergoing a sex change.

He wrote on Twitter.com/KeithMinaCaputo: "Male to female transsexuals like me are the women who give up male privilege for femininity! Threaten the patriarchy!" He also responded to a question from a fan about the demise of the metal band by replying: "Life Of Agony has already gone into isolation and it's got nothing to do with me transitioning [to a woman]."

Seriously, what the fuck?

The saddest thing about that is how it will contribute to the brainwashing of the next generation that this kind of shit is "normal"... hopefully there's complications and his/her/it's legs need amputating. That would make for a good role model.

Keith has been 'transitioning' f and looking more and more like a sheila for as long as I can remember. But form as far as I can tell, he is more really 'cross dressing' than coming out. He is 'keeping his junk' and so far not on Hormone treatment or anything, but I guess you never know really.

The saddest thing about that is how it will contribute to the brainwashing of the next generation that this kind of shit is "normal"... hopefully there's complications and his/her/it's legs need amputating.

Ignorance and bigotry bordering on hatred, and yet it's Josh who's a dickhead?

<rant>
The idea that you find homosexual behaviour sickening is not, in itself, ignorant or bigotted. What makes you a bigot is your self-righteous declaration that what these people do is somehow not &#8220;normal&#8221;. Who decided it isn&#8217;t normal? You? Society at large (which, in Australia, is generally accepting of homosexuality)? The Church? There is evidence of homo- and bi-sexuality among humans going back to the beginning of recorded history. In Ancient Greece, pederasty was encouraged: in their legends, even Zeus and Herakles had young male lovers (Ganymede and Hylas); in Rome it was accepted, if not necessarily considered acceptable. These two cultures formed the basis of our Western civilization, and neither of them were particularly condemning of homosexuality. Even Hitler didn&#8217;t care that one of his best friends for many years, Erich Rohm, was openly homosexual. Human psychology and sexuality is so complex that even people who study it (which I assume you are not) are at odds with what, if anything, can actually be considered &#8220;normal&#8221;. Homosexual behaviour has been recorded amongst other primates, rodents, birds and whales, so the idea that it somehow isn&#8217;t &#8220;natural&#8221; is also unqualified, especially when even animals that aren&#8217;t conscious of their own sexuality can still be confused by it. Your comment goes behind just having an opinion about homosexuality. It openly condemns it according to a narrow, self-righteous ideal with the suggestion that someone should become heinously maimed because they don't fit in to your skinny definition of "normal". That&#8217;s what makes it bigotry.
</rant>

Ignorance and bigotry bordering on hatred, and yet it's Josh who's a dickhead?

<rant>
The idea that you find homosexual behaviour sickening is not, in itself, ignorant or bigotted. What makes you a bigot is your self-righteous declaration that what these people do is somehow not “normal”. Who decided it isn’t normal? You? Society at large (which, in Australia, is generally accepting of homosexuality)? The Church? There is evidence of homo- and bi-sexuality among humans going back to the beginning of recorded history. In Ancient Greece, pederasty was encouraged: in their legends, even Zeus and Herakles had young male lovers (Ganymede and Hylas); in Rome it was accepted, if not necessarily considered acceptable. These two cultures formed the basis of our Western civilization, and neither of them were particularly condemning of homosexuality. Even Hitler didn’t care that one of his best friends for many years, Erich Rohm, was openly homosexual. Human psychology and sexuality is so complex that even people who study it (which I assume you are not) are at odds with what, if anything, can actually be considered “normal”. Homosexual behaviour has been recorded amongst other primates, rodents, birds and whales, so the idea that it somehow isn’t “natural” is also unqualified, especially when even animals that aren’t conscious of their own sexuality can still be confused by it. Your comment goes behind just having an opinion about homosexuality. It openly condemns it according to a narrow, self-righteous ideal with the suggestion that someone should become heinously maimed because they don't fit in to your skinny definition of "normal". That’s what makes it bigotry.
</rant>

Who said anything about homosexuality? My objection is to the whole idea that gender in humans is somehow something transmorphic and dictated only by what someone 'feels' like. While there are certainly examples of genuine gender identity disorders, hermaphroditism etc, the vast majority of so-called "transexuals" are, in my admittedly unscientific opinion, nothing more than walking mental disorders. I have no problem with what people do in their own space. I do have an issue with moving to push fucked up behaviours and idealogies into the mainsteam consciousness and from there into mainstream acceptance. It goes far above and beyond simply disliking or disagreeing with how an individual lives their life. I make no apologies for being disgusted by not so much the behaviour itself but the "you go, girl" blindly encouraging attitudes which coat the whole issue with fairy floss.

I do, however, find it amusing that you unintentionally equated transgenderism with homosexuality while lambasting me for supposed ignorance in taking offence at Josh's suggestion that the only way to strongly object to supporting something like this is to be secretly gay.

All I can say is listen to LOA's lyrics, Keith has been a 'walking' mental disorder since long before he decided he preferred to be a sheila, one of those people who have been unfortunate to have a pretty fucked upbringing by all accounts.

Anyway, back to the fighting there you lot....

So you'd rather we hide "walking mental disorders" behind locked doors, like some Victorian-era Bedlam, so their "fucked up behaviour and ideologies" can't pollute "mainstream consciousness" and "brainwash" our children?

I say let 'em loose if they all make awesome music like KC...just saying is all

So you'd rather we hide "walking mental disorders" behind locked doors, like some Victorian-era Bedlam, so their "fucked up behaviour and ideologies" can't pollute "mainstream consciousness" and "brainwash" our children?

If you want to present it as a choice between only two black-or-white options then yes, definitely.