Lifeless in Seattle.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
10 years ago Kurt Cobain blew his brains out and 2 years ago Layne Staley was no more. I say that's a bunch of crap, considering that Alice in Chains and Nirvana are still two of my favorite bands.

Now go buy Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip volumes 1 & 2. :loco:

I always think it's funny when Guitar World magazine hails Kurt Cobain as one of the greatest guitarists ever. He always ends up somewhere between Eddie Van Halen and Jimi Hendrix.

The best grunge album of all time is probably Dirt.

Alice in Chains' "Jar of Flies" and "Sap" along with some Soundgarden albums are the only worthwhile thing to come out of the "grunge" scene.

I'll save you all the trouble: "Thank you for that information." "Good point."

I just ate peanut butter and honey.

I'm also going to pick up some Mudhoney next haul, because I've always loved Mark Arm's voice. However, the only thing that destroys Alice in Chains is heroin. :)

I always thought Dinosaur Jnr were a bit underrated. Not the best by far, but not bad either way. A bit more punky, where Soundgarden were a bit more metal. Dinosaur Jnr is good driving music.

I never got into Albini's stuff. And I had a heavy alterna-period during college. I really loved Soundgarden for a long time though. Big Dumb Love, or whatever that album is called, is very cool.

Soundgarden was always hit or miss for me. When they were good they were BRILLIANT, but rarely have I sat down and listened to an entire CD of theirs without getting tired of it toward the end.

NAD said:
Soundgarden was always hit or miss for me. When they were good they were BRILLIANT, but rarely have I sat down and listened to an entire CD of theirs without getting tired of it toward the end.
I would apply that to all grunge albums to be honest.

Incesticide > Nevermind

Nevermind is the album that got me back into rock n' roll after listening to (c)rap for a few years.