Life's beautiful, but not for my last client... (rate his depression)

DIYistkrieg

Jul 2, 2017
Italy
www.youtube.com
Hey hey hey!
Here's my new production, second album from Damnatus, an Italian DSBM one man band, anyone feeling like getting all cheered up by it? :D

Here's first extract:

and if you want more, here's the full album:

Feedbacks are more than welcome!!!

The mix feels like it lacks punch and life, though generally good. I like the vocals and how the distortion and reverb stick to them without getting overbearing like most vocals in this genre.

The mix feels like it lacks punch and life, though generally good. I like the vocals and how the distortion and reverb stick to them without getting overbearing like most vocals in this genre.
well, in a DSBM mix I'll take "it lacks life" as a compliment :D :D
anyway, thanks for your comment!
What would you suggest to do to give it punch and life?

Yeah, I thought that adding life to the genre seemed like a paradox too... but if you listen to the best bands of the genre, they actually tend to be very livid (thinking Forgotten Woods - The Curse of Mankind and the Silencer album).

I'm not sure what processing you used, but I like using parallel compression, as well as master buss compression, to give a feeling of movement to tracks. The drums are pretty monotonous, which I can't blame you for, but maybe adding some pumping and dirt to them can make them sound less boring. Really the majority of the problem come from the song itself.

Yeah, I thought that adding life to the genre seemed like a paradox too... but if you listen to the best bands of the genre, they actually tend to be very livid (thinking Forgotten Woods - The Curse of Mankind and the Silencer album).

I'm not sure what processing you used, but I like using parallel compression, as well as master buss compression, to give a feeling of movement to tracks. The drums are pretty monotonous, which I can't blame you for, but maybe adding some pumping and dirt to them can make them sound less boring. Really the majority of the problem come from the song itself.[
I see, well, I usually use parallel compression, but this time I was given references that sounded very lofi and "dead", so I kinda followed those general feelings...to be honest the only compressions used on this mix are on vocals and reverbs, I'm trying to use as less compressors as possible lately, don't really have a rule on that other than taste...
well, thanks again! :kickass: