Limbonic Art

I have "Dementia" and Ad noctum" And I only like dementia very much.......
If I ~ever~ go for a Limbonic Art album that would "Scorpio" or "epitome" not their new album..... even if it get very good reviews from the press.......

Originally posted by Dionysos
I have "Dementia" and Ad noctum" And I only like dementia very much.......
If I ~ever~ go for a Limbonic Art album that would "Scorpio" or "epitome" not their new album..... even if it get very good reviews from the press.......

I have "Epitome", "Scorpio" (the best in my opinion), "Dementia" and a K7 record (I have K7 and vinyls yet) of "Ad Noctum"and I dont like only "Ad Noctum". But the press have good rated for this new like this:

"A more fitting title might never be replicated, as the eight deadly concoctions epitomize the agony of ritual murder, grief and funeral rites. Could easily have been subtitled the "A Soundtrack To Dying." Built on a brutal death metal skeleton, with a chaotic torrent of voices (often on top of one another), samples ('Suicide Commando') and barrage of electronic effects, Limbonic Art have created a horrific disc: a splatter film for the ears, not so much because of lyrical content (for which less intelligent acts opt), but achieving the same sensations aurally. That's not to say it's an endless stream of screams and unintelligible music, as conventional structures are evident. 'Purgatorial Agony' is one long voice-over and the cackling begun 'Towards The Oblivion Of Dreams' utilizes some slower, dirgeful melodies. 'Last Rites For The Silent Darkstar' is another gremlin-throated oratory, followed by an unrecognizable rendition of Pink Floyd's 'Interstellar Overdrive'. The disc ends with a hammering 'Funeral Of Death', a creepy organ riding nearly undetected beneath the raucous delivery. A worthy successor to the Emperor catalog!"

8.0 Mark Gromen

I have all LA album and I must say that Ultimate death worship seems to be their most aggressive album to date. It is very good, less keyboard more guitars...

My fav' were also 'Dementia' and 'Scorpio', as 'Ad Noctum' had nothing symphonic or at least less than total-agression longer ...
but the last 'Ultimate' has again some atmospheres and a more coherent sound, I'd recommend many listenings anyway, the compo. are a bit dense sometimes ...

I have all their albums, like "In Abhorrence Dementia" the best. Ad Noctum is too "noisy" for me, haven't heard this new one yet. Don't know if I will either.

If it contains more guitars that's for me a reason less to check it out, cause the guitars in the past were more to support the keys and orchestration rather than play interesting riffs. But maybe if they change their style and put some more variation in the guitars, it might be interesting...