Limbonic Arts thoughts and info please

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
I bought the Zyklon cd a while ago because of Trym and I love it.
This led to me buying the Myrkskog cd and I like that even more.
Next step, explore Limbonic Art (one of the members of Zyklon is from Limbonic Art, right?).

So, my question is, what are they like? What songs should I try out first? What cd should I start with? Thanks.

Limbonic art has programmed drums. They are the ony band I can think of that NEEDS programmed drums. At times Industrialish, it's blisteringly fast, orchestrated, strangely ear-catching black metal. I love it.

Indeed they are a great band, especially if you like that symphonic black metal style they have. As for what you should get, all their albums are eaqually good so it doesn't really matter. By the way a box set containing all their albums was released a while ago in an attractive price, you may want to check it out.

Symphonic, atmospheric black metal. Brilliant stuff.
I have only heard 1st and 2nd albums (Moon In The Scorpio and In Abhorrence Dementia), and personally, I like the first album more than the second (as you do with the first album you hear of the artist you discover). Both are still great, I just feel the first encompasses a lot more, it feels more complete.
Tracks to begin with, I would recommend In Mourning Mystique, Beyond The Candles Burning, Darkzone Martyrium and Deathtrip To A Mirage Asylum. Enjoy.

Is 'Beyond the Candles Burning' the track with the massive intro with waltz type rhythm?

I love that song. I had it taped off the radio for nearly a year before I found out that it's Limbonic Art.

They're a good band. I have to get around to hearing the rest of their stuff.

Originally posted by Manes
Eve of Midnight from Moon in the Scorpio is a good track... I'd recommend starting with their first CD's...

I don't recognise that track being from Moon In The Scorpio, or the 2nd album In abhorrence Dementia either. Are you sure you have the right album?