Novembre info please

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
Anyone out there into this band, Novembre? I downloaded a couple of songs and they are pretty good, similar to Opeth in that there a soft accoustical parts mixed with intense death vocal parts. Seems like good songwriting/musicianship also. Is this representative of all their stuff? Which cd should I look for first? Is it worth buying one of their cds, or should I continue completing my DEATH (rip Chuck:cry: ) cd collection (I still need Sound of Perseverance and the first 2)?

I heard their album...I'm not impressed at all, but there's a song with the vocs of The 3rd & the Mortal which is very cool!!!

I love Novembre. I cried :cry: with some of their songs. You must first check out "Classica" . "Novembrine Waltz" is very good too, but its softer and not as great as "Classica". Check these out, and I'll make an exam tomorrow :D

Novembre are great! Definately buy their CDs. You will not be disappointed. I like their new stuff more than their older stuff so Novembrine Waltz or Classica would be my recommendations. Their newer stuff sounds a lot like Opeth with some Dream Theater influences in there as well.

Originally posted by dolphz
Anyone out there into this band, Novembre? I downloaded a couple of songs and they are pretty good, similar to Opeth in that there a soft accoustical parts mixed with intense death vocal parts. Seems like good songwriting/musicianship also. Is this representative of all their stuff? Which cd should I look for first? Is it worth buying one of their cds, or should I continue completing my DEATH (rip Chuck:cry: ) cd collection (I still need Sound of Perseverance and the first 2)?

Novembre are an okay band. But they're absoulutely worthless compared to Leprosy, and Sound of Perseverance.

The new Novembre album, 'Novembrine Waltz' was one of my highlights of 2001. The emotion and beauty in the music is up there with the best of them.

The quality is just incredible.

'Classica' is great as well, although I find it a bit abrasive for my tastes. It's got a couple of wondeful songs such as Cold Blue Steel and Nostalgiaplatz, but to me Novembrine Waltz is an album of nothing but classic songs.

Classica is pretty good and it's on my endless list of records to be bought. I haven't heard the other albums yet as a whole, but the few songs I downloaded didn't convince me like Classica did.

Originally posted by Light
The first two albums sound like a band trying very hard to sound like early Opeth and succeeding to a certain degree, albeit slightly chaotically in parts. Classica is their masterpiece

Important points... Orchid wasn't yet released when Novembre showed up at Unisound to record their debut album. To say they were trying to sound like Opeth would be completely wrong and not even possible.

Classica is good, but it was the band scared of offending Century Media and blowing their big chance, so they were playing it safe... by the band's own admission.