Limbonic Art vol. 1-4

Stondis

May 16, 2002
Has anyone got the Limbonic Art box set? (The cd box of their 1st 4 albums)
What's it like? Worth getting?
I got their last one (Ultimate Death Worship) and am very intrigued by their brand of Evil.

Yes, I've got it....all the 4 cd's are worth buying, but I think Dynasty of Death is the best. It is the most aggressive cd I've got, damn, they rule. The atmosphere on the cd is very very impressive; the blasting guitars, keyboards and the (somethimes) Latin lyrics...:eek:

SO.....BUY IT!

Limbonic Art rules! My personal favorite is Moon In The Scorpio...the atmosphere is perfect. One of my favorite black metal releases of all time. All Limbonic Art is great, Dynasty Od Death and Ultimate Death Worship are more aggressive, whereas Moon In The Scorpio and In Abhorrence Dementia are more keyboard based.

Cool. Yeah, it's the tripped out and intense Evil Atmosphere that I love on UDW, I think a large purchase is in order...

It´s a very nice and priceworthy box as Limbonic Art is one of best extreme metal bands out there today. I in fact bought the damn thing just to get the six included bonus tracks (which are all great!) - I already had all the albums since before.

However, I´m not as impressed with their latest album so if you dig that you´re in for a real treat. Of course, UDW is still good, but I expected more from good ol' Limbo - especially after such a long break. Ad Noctum - Dynasty of Death is a true masterpiece though and would easily end up in my top 3 CDs - ever!

Originally posted by David Å.
It´s a very nice and priceworthy box

Totally, worth the money it cost £30 :eek: but to buy the individual albums would probably have come to £60.
Great and very classy. I love "Arctic Oddessey" the unreleased track from "Epitome of Illusions"

I bought it, copied the discs, and then resold it on ebay. The packaging didn't fit in my CD rack any way I tried and there wasn't any cover art to make it worth keeping the whole thing. But the music is excellent! Moon in the Scorpio is an amazing disc, and I'm very impressed with how the drums were programmed. They have a lot more effort put into them than other bands with drum machines sometimes do (Summoning, for example). Something about the raven sounds in their songs adds a level of eeriness. Very creative stuff.

cheers,
-iz

I can only recommend "Moon in the scorpio". I would say it's among the 10 best black metal LP's released! I also have the next cd they released, but I think it sucks pretty badly. I also bought the "Ad noctum" LP, played it once and then put it in my "sell" pile, as I thought it was terrible album!