limiter in K&H o300

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I don't expect anyone to know this, but perhaps I'm lucky....
does anyone know any details about the limiters in the Klein&Hummel 0300 monitors?
I absolutely LOVE what they're doing to kickdrums, no software or hardware limiter I've tried comes close. they just make the kickdrum punch and smack like nothing else.

I'd love to get a clone of those internal limiters to use on kickdrums.
really man, you gotta hear that, it's a shame I can't print it.

Send them an email if you haven't :)

BTW:
The protection system is not a compressor, it is designed to protect the loudspeaker from damage, and the
flashing K+H logo tells the user it is active. The protection cannot protect against sustained abuse of the
loudspeaker, i.e. consistently playing the loudspeaker for long periods of time with the protect light on, so avoid
this to ensure a long life from this product.

You can do the DI-method similiar you use when you put the redbox between guitar amp and cabinet, but it requires you to disassemble the speaker... In the speaker there are two wires going to the speaker. IIRC the red one is live and black one is ground, but don't take my word for it. You need to unsolder them and attach a jack to it and attach it to the DI box and on the thru attach another jack-to-wire cable to complete the load to the speaker so you won't break it.