Phil Anselmo speaks out in new issue of Revolver:

The main thing that pisses me off about that interview though is the fact that Phil would give ONE of his fingers to fix everything. A fucking finger????? WTF?!?! Dimes life was only worth a fucking finger?

Its an expression. I think he'd give more than just one finger

I agree with the whole "fuck the media" thing, but, yeah, it does seem like he is trying to come off tough. There is no need, who does not respect pantera? Anyone? I know people that don't even like the music, but they still respect the musicianship - it is undeniable. Nobody is trying to demasculate Phil, yet, even in times like this, he trys to come off like he is the fucking terminator.

Macho-bullshit aside, hearing people bitch about members of a band they were in 4 years ago is repetative. That kind of talk ain´t "telling the truth", "issue warnings" or "getting even".

It´s badly disguised nostalgia for people who can´t let things go after a while. If Phil felt the last year in Pantera was torture, why didn´t he just say he was happy when they called it quits. No, the bitter guy had to dwell on it right till Dime got shot. I can understand such a behaviour if Dime bullied him or stole his heroin on occation. But like Milano he sure likes to dwell on stuff instead of being happy of not having to live with it any longer.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
You don't think Vinnie and Dime talked a lot of shit on Phil too? Give me a break. You people dont know shit about phil or vinnie and dime. There are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes. You base all your opinions from what you see and hear in the media. Its a shame.

To MY knowledge Vinnie and Dime only spoke of Phil when they were ask about it, usually after Phil had ran his mouth and even then they seemed a bit reserved about saying too much. Also, what are people supposed to form opinions on anything if its not in some form of media???? Not every fan can be a friend of the band and knows what really goes on behind the scenes. Like it or not the media is our only inlet to bands we as fans love.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Shame he couldn't treat Dime with respect until after he died like.

I'll read the interview in it's entirety later.

BUT, think about the tourture he probably lives with, it's gotta suck,
coulda, shoulda, woulda, is a motherfucker...

Karina_666 said:
a lot of what phil says is for affect mostly, but I do believe he would take a bullet for Dime. You can tell he really loved the guy, however his stupid macho posturing was the reason that there was a "feud" in the first place. Listen Phil, your father doesn't hate you. Enough of the "angry, I can take on the world" shit. That's so early 90s and played out.
I didn't really read this but I agree with whatever the Hot Chick said.

TripJ. said:
BUT, think about the tourture he probably lives with, it's gotta suck,
coulda, shoulda, woulda, is a motherfucker...

Personally, when a friendship goes sour I think people should have the sense to either try to work their problems out or leave things on good terms and not associate with each other. Just leaving things unsaid is a recipe for regret.

I just feel sorry for the poor bastard having back pain for years and now having a huge operation.............I wouldn't even wish that on Lars Ulrich

He sounds pretty sincere to me. People fight all the time and sometimes say shit they regret later. It happens. The difference between me doing it and say Phil doing it, is that no one really gives a shit what I have to say whereas Phil has an audience and reporters that want to get a good story. I think that the guilt he will have deal with for the rest of his life is punishment enough for whatever he may have said in the past.