Line 6 m9/m13

deckrg

Jun 30, 2010
Portugal
I've been searching arround for some pedals to add more depth do my sound while keeping my tube marshall sound. Now we all know the pedal tap dance can be really annoying.
The problem with the m9 model is that you either plug all the FX on the loop or on the input, making for instances OD/dist useless when used with the loop (still distortion/OD are WAY better using analogic pedals). As far as the other Fx go there seems to be plenty of good delays, eqs, a noise gate, reverb, whammy and wah(if you have an expression pedal), modulation.
My gear at this moment consists of a dunlop crybaby, MXR for the overdrive and Boss dd7 for the delays. There are 2 possibilitys either get a m9 or buy a digitech whammy (using detune for chorus like sound), grabbing an EQ pedal ('cause I have to cranck my amps EQ to get higher gain) and relying on my JCM 900 for the reverbs.

Having in mind my band plays mostly melodic/progressive metal and some times metal core and the prices (m9 costs 350e / whammy + EQ costs 230) what seems to be the better path ?

Get the M13 which has a fx loop insert so you use the four cable method.