Lineup for Yankee Stadium

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
OK I understand that Anthrax should be opening all of these Big 4 shows based on what the bands have accomplished over the last 10 years, but NYC and now with the new album coming out the day before? Obviously Metallica will headline but I feel Anthrax should get a better slot being that this is their hometown and they have a major career accomplishment being released the day before. I can't imagine Mustaine's ego accepting an opening slot but Anthrax should at least get more time, it's their stomping grounds whereas everyone else is from the west coast. Thoughts?

I agree that they should get more time, not sure if they really need to move out the opening slot though. Seems to be working, why change it and I haven't heard the band complaining about it.

I'm not so sure Slayer would be too happy about being an opener either.

If Anthrax does go on after Megadeth or Slayer, though, they better not play the set of an opener and stick to their ten-song "greatest hits" crap like they usually do. They've got a new album, I expect to hear stuff from it. Not just Fight 'Em either. A bit of SOWN stuff would be nice too, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't really care who's opening for who, but the sets need to be equal, especially now that it's at Anthrax's home. If it was up to me, every band would get to play 75 minutes. That's five hours of metal, and let's face it, two hours of Metallica is just too much after Anthrax, Megs and Slayer. Especially when it's being promoted as The Big Four, it's not right that Metallica gets to play a full concert and the rest play festival shows.

It's like going to an all you can eat-restaurant: do you want to eat 'til you puke or do you want to eat til you've full?

Metallica is headlining so the Line-up should be (IMO) Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and then Metallica.

IF Anthrax kept putting out great Thrash albums after POT they probably would be higher up on the set order. But face it. They were playing for 300 people during the Volume 8 days and lost just about all of their fanbase. Slayer has always drawn large audiences. Even at the lowest point in metal Slayer was still playing for 2000 audiences, usually bigger.

I think the set order is justified. But I would personally throw Metallica off the tour and have Slayer be the headliners just like the Jaegermiester tour

I think the set order is justified. But I would personally throw Metallica off the tour and have Slayer be the headliners just like the Jaegermiester tour

I have to agree that there is nothing wrong with the set order except Metallica playing. :bah:

The Jaegermiester tour was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and I seen a few. Joey was pretty good at warming the crowd up and Anthrax was killer. No reason to not have them first. Longer sets would be cool but you have to take it like you can get it with Anthrax. I am not playing that much money to see anyone so I am hoping for another tour like the Jaegermiester tour with Anthrax and Megadeth or Slayer. Having all three again would be awesome but I would be happy to see Anthrax with either of them.

I have to agree that there is nothing wrong with the set order except Metallica playing. :bah:

The Jaegermiester tour was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and I seen a few. Joey was pretty good at warming the crowd up and Anthrax was killer. No reason to not have them first. Longer sets would be cool but you have to take it like you can get it with Anthrax. I am not playing that much money to see anyone so I am hoping for another tour like the Jaegermiester tour with Anthrax and Megadeth or Slayer. Having all three again would be awesome but I would be happy to see Anthrax with either of them.

I agree after thinking about it and about what sufferer posted.... If anything, the other bands should get more time on stage like Metallica.

a major career accomplishment

An album? Since when is an album a major career accomplishment (unless it sells more than usual)? I mean - that's what bands do - release albums.

Plus, by September, Megadeth will be promoting their 13th album...it's pretty much finished...might not be released by then, but the promotion cycle will be starting.

Yes, but objectively is not an accomplishment. It's nobody else's fault that they couldn't get their shit together for six years, I agree with Deege.

I won't be going funnily enough, so I don't give a shit. If I WAS going, I would rather see Slayer and Megadeth do shorter sets, with Metallica and Anthrax doing about the same.

But the simple fact is, no one gives enough of a fuck about Anthrax, whereas people still care about all the other bands. And Metallica are fucking huge, rightly or wrongly, so they get to do whatever the fuck they want. I don't see why anyone should complain about it, if it wasn't for them none of this would be happening. Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax are ecstatic Lars and James ALLOWED them to do this! And that's the truth, you know it. :lol:

Slayer never sold out , so therefore you are wrong and surely that never happened.
Oh really? They were on tour with Sick Of It All and Meshuggah, I saw them in Jacksonville FL in a small club that's not open any more. Surely someone else here saw this tour, was this the smallest venue of the tour then? I agree they never sold out, the Diabolus record is actually one my favs from them. 300 max if that, the first pit I ever bowed out of thanks to SOIA.