link archive to help progress the domain of metal

the phoenix

Mar 25, 2004
Hi there. I've just launched a new website, Transcix's Metal Archive:

http://www.metalarchives.transcix.com

It contains a variety of metal-related links on such topics as genre discussion, history, culture, politics, ideology, philosophy, spirituality, occultism, etc., in such mediums as articles, news articles, papers, columns, blogs, e-zines, etc. It's a serious website, that I've made to fill a void I perceive to be quite real in the domain of metal in the marketplace of ideas. I'm sure lots of you feel the same way, that for the metal enthusiast who wants to investigate metal beyond the surface level there aren't very many online information resources. The site is also a useful tool for someone thinking of getting into metal and wondering what it's all about. It contains a healthy variety of links, even if I don't agree with some of them, in the goal of offering a comprehensive, objective take on things.

In the future I plan to write articles on various subjects such as the relationship between metal and occultism, maybe make an artist interview archive, maybe start a blog, etc., etc. There are a lot of misconceptions in the domain of metal that I want to clear up, in the areas of occultism, spirituality, philosophy, ideology, etc. There is lots of potential (and I know what I'm talking about). If you think you might seriously want to collaborate with me in some way, then feel free to drop me a line, although to be clear I'm not looking for contributors at this point, only collaboration with people who have their own separate thing--I have no specific idea about what this might entail, I'm just putting it out there. I don't do 'link swapping' unless I like your site. I would note though that the archive is still in its infancy and I'm sure I've missed some sites that deserve to be included, so feel free to let me know if you think yours is one of them, or if you know of any. I run adds on the site, but at the same time I want this to become a very important resource; I can't do stuff just for money, never could, never will.

And please feel free to e-mail me any feedback about the site.

Namaste

Hehe, yes I am aware. I link to them and give them a good description. But our sites are very different from one another, so I can't steal business from them. I even posted this same promotional message on their discussion forums.